The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   MG ZTT/Rover 75 Tourer Harman Kardon System (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306107)

david2000 3rd July 2020 19:45

MG ZTT/Rover 75 Tourer Harman Kardon System

hi to all
does anyone have a MG ZTT/Rover 75 Tourer Harman Kardon System
for a facelift rover 75 tourer for sale
david

Sonic ZS 3rd July 2020 21:06

I've got a feeling Exeter Road Garage had one listed a while back ? Worth having a look in the traders for sale section, it was quite expensive (IMO) so they may still have it and now be keen to discuss the price ? :}

lionatus 14th November 2020 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2822715)
hi to all
does anyone have a MG ZTT/Rover 75 Tourer Harman Kardon System
for a facelift rover 75 tourer for sale
david

Its a pain. If you don't have the dash units the wiring's reversed. I have a sony headunit and to use it I had to rewire the whole way back to the unit. I sent the wiring to another club member. But its metres and metres and more metres. I have no idea how they fitted it as my discreet wiring still had a problem making it through the drivers side panels; they must have run this under the carpet.

lionatus 14th November 2020 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionatus (Post 2848248)
Its a pain. If you don't have the dash units the wiring's reversed. I have a sony headunit and to use it I had to rewire the whole way back to the unit. I sent the wiring to another club member. But its metres and metres and more metres. I have no idea how they fitted it as my discreet wiring still had a problem making it through the drivers side panels; they must have run this under the carpet.

Oh and then you have to run it behind the dashboard to ensure you have enough wiring left as its measured to within a cm, they spared no expense. Mine currently due to the cost saving runs drivers side only and is flattened not to intrude on my clutch pedal operation... Another bad design.

lionatus 14th November 2020 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionatus (Post 2848249)
Oh and then you have to run it behind the dashboard to ensure you have enough wiring left as its measured to within a cm, they spared no expense. Mine currently due to the cost saving runs drivers side only and is flattened not to intrude on my clutch pedal operation... Another bad design.

Lastly forget the fact a few have slated the sound quality; its immense, the bass defeats the speakers and I have had to tone it down this shows how good the system is. Get it; upgrade the speakers and you can have Glastonbury in the carpark. It is that good its a shame the speakers aren't even the HK ones, my bass is set at -6 on my sony and even then its a bit too much.

lionatus 14th November 2020 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionatus (Post 2848250)
Lastly forget the fact a few have slated the sound quality; its immense, the bass defeats the speakers and I have had to tone it down this shows how good the system is. Get it; upgrade the speakers and you can have Glastonbury in the carpark. It is that good its a shame the speakers aren't even the HK ones, my bass is set at -6 on my sony and even then its a bit too much.

I do apologise for repeated posts but CLASSICAL music on this sytem is immense just don't blast TCH's 1812 overture as the cannons at the end will melt your speakers. BAchs organ works is amazing