The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   immobilizer issue non starting (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303452)

janker 10th March 2020 12:32

immobilizer issue non starting

Hi again
My MG 190 Petrol
ive come to my car today and the engine wont turn over no click nothing last time i had a similar issue like this it was the immobilizer chip had moved inside key but ive tried moving it about and put back together but still nothing ,Im sure its immobilizer issue anything i can try to start my car as i dont have a spare key .

thanks julian

trikey 10th March 2020 14:34

Does it show as an immobiliser fault on the dashboard?

Do you have all the other lights illuminated when you switch on the ignition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

planenut 10th March 2020 14:46

As Trikey asks, any normal dash lights when turning the key? and can you hear anything from the fuel pump?

vitesse 10th March 2020 15:38

If you're sure it's an immobiliser issue and the chip has come adrift, you can either secure it in its housing with double sided tape, blu tack or place the chip within 2 centimetres of the transponder coil and see if it starts.

Regards

janker 10th March 2020 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2798176)
Does it show as an immobiliser fault on the dashboard?

Do you have all the other lights illuminated when you switch on the ignition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Trikey
All other lights work ok but im not sure what the immobiliser fault on dashboard looks like.

janker 10th March 2020 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2798181)
As Trikey asks, any normal dash lights when turning the key? and can you hear anything from the fuel pump?

just replied to Trikey about lights ,to be honest i never noticed if the pump was running i just get nothing when turning the key no click from starter or anything just all lights come on as normal

trikey 10th March 2020 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by janker (Post 2798256)
Hi Trikey
All other lights work ok but im not sure what the immobiliser fault on dashboard looks like.

It looks like an engine symbol with a cross through it.

janker 10th March 2020 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2798193)
If you're sure it's an immobiliser issue and the chip has come adrift, you can either secure it in its housing with double sided tape, blu tack or place the chip within 2 centimetres of the transponder coil and see if it starts.

Regards

im not 100% sure its immobiliser but im guessing it is, as i had a chip come loose in the fob before and had to reset it in place but now its fixed in securely with blue tack and i have taken it out several times and replaced but still nothing.

janker 10th March 2020 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2798258)
It looks like an engine symbol with a cross through it.

Cheers Trikey will check tommorow as ive just finished work and car is stranded a few miles away.

COLVERT 11th March 2020 16:49

Check the connector on the small wire that goes to the starter motor.

Poor connection here will not allow the engine to start nor will there be any noise.---:D