The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anyone bought this from Ebay? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=231322)

__chris__ 23rd November 2015 17:29

Anyone bought this from Ebay?

Saw this item at just under £200 which says it has all the bits needed for our cars.
Ebay also shows that 30 have been sold, so wondered whether anyone on here has got one and has any feedback that they'd like to share.

Dallas 23rd November 2015 17:34

You can also 'Make an Offer' :eek:

julz 23rd November 2015 19:29

Looks the part, but no where near navall 2 let alone navall 3....
Reading then spec's (The newest MTK3360 800MHz CPU, Dual Core, 256MB RAM,) navall 2 runs on the same chip twice the speed, as for ram 256mb vs 1GB DDR3...
The rest is history... ;)

Polly 23rd November 2015 23:10

I would stick with Radioguy and the Navall 2/3 if only for the backup support

__chris__ 24th November 2015 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by julz (Post 2151441)
Looks the part, but no where near navall 2 let alone navall 3....
Reading then spec's (The newest MTK3360 800MHz CPU, Dual Core, 256MB RAM,) navall 2 runs on the same chip twice the speed, as for ram 256mb vs 1GB DDR3...
The rest is history... ;)

Understood, but do I actually need the faster chip speed?
This is why I wondered if anyone had actually tried one. After all, none of the basic tasks of playing radio / sd card / cd / bluetooth connection ought to be processor dependant surely?

clf 24th November 2015 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by __chris__ (Post 2151814)
Understood, but do I actually need the faster chip speed?
This is why I wondered if anyone had actually tried one. After all, none of the basic tasks of playing radio / sd card / cd / bluetooth connection ought to be processor dependant surely?

all those things will be processor dependant, especially if you have other apps perhaps running in the background. not to mention the operating system. more is better in this case. more ram will also improve performance considerably.

the main concern I would have, is Support. the seller is based in China, regardless of what main ad states.

patkop79 24th November 2015 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2151860)

the main concern I would have, is Support. the seller is based in China, regardless of what main ad states.

ask Radioguy where he is getting them from , won't be far away :D
this China got good feedback from eBayers about players, but....

...I would still buy from our :smilie_re: Radioguy cause of support!!

and is our man :devil:

coolcat 24th November 2015 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by patkop79 (Post 2151953)
ask Radioguy where he is getting them from , won't be far away :D
this China got good feedback from eBayers about players, but....

...I would still buy from our :smilie_re: Radioguy cause of support!!

and is our man :devil:

Indeed Sean's units come from China.
The difference being is that he has a UK repair base (that'll be us) and parts are for the most part kept here as well ;)
Also Sean deals direct with the factory so gets the best spec going :}

__chris__ 24th November 2015 17:06

Thanks for your replies.
It would seem as if no-one has actually tried one of these as yet and so my choices are:

1) ask my family if they would like to give me more money to buy a unit as the amount that has been contributed to my present pot is insufficient to allow me to be able to afford a Navall (and I don't even want the Sat Nav option)

2) take the plunge and try it

3) stick with my existing set-up and spend the money on something else

As I'm fairly sure that option (1) would not go down particularly well, I guess it'll be (2) or (3).

coolcat 24th November 2015 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by __chris__ (Post 2152148)
Thanks for your replies.
It would seem as if no-one has actually tried one of these as yet and so my choices are:

1) ask my family if they would like to give me more money to buy a unit as the amount that has been contributed to my present pot is insufficient to allow me to be able to afford a Navall (and I don't even want the Sat Nav option)

2) take the plunge and try it

3) stick with my existing set-up and spend the money on something else

As I'm fairly sure that option (1) would not go down particularly well, I guess it'll be (2) or (3).

Just a thought and another option , Sean does have part exchange units come in and also he does the WinCe unit which is near to your budget :}