The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Drivers Seat Belt (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293190)

gazcaz 21st February 2019 16:35

Drivers Seat Belt

Hi peeps my drivers side seat belt has decided to take approx 6 minutes to re coil , any quick fix or complete strip down ? :shrug:

suzublu 21st February 2019 16:50

Spray some Mr Sheen on it:cool:

gazcaz 21st February 2019 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2713478)

Okay so un reel all of the belt then spray going back in ? will it not stain my clothes ?:shrug:

bendrick 21st February 2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2713478)

I did this on my reluctant retracting seatbelt the other day after reading advice to do so on here.

It has definitely improved the situation, the seatbelt still isn't retracting quite as fast as I would like but it's fair to say that it rewinds at a much faster rate than previously and has improved to the extent that it is no longer the irritating niggle that it had been for some time.

bendrick 21st February 2019 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2713491)
Okay so un reel all of the belt then spray going back in ? will it not stain my clothes ?:shrug:

It's probably best if you invest in a new driving coat made of wood bark as I did.

A modest drive will give it a lovely deep shine, a pine aroma and as an added bonus removes any coffee cup rings, leaving you the smartest, shiniest, best smelling man in town.

markypicks 21st February 2019 18:04

unreel the belt put a clothes peg at the top to stop the belt from recoiling then give it some mr sheen or silicone spray rgds mark

Nantwich 75 21st February 2019 18:19

Some people have unreeled the belt fully and then washed it in a bucket of water using detergent.

markypicks 21st February 2019 18:24

hi yes agreed with that my brother did the same and used bold powder for clothes in a warm bucket of water and let it soak dried it out, it worked a treat

Arctic 22nd February 2019 08:57

Change it as over time the spring gets weak, and they do not return as good as when new.

The dust and grime builds up in the seatbelt mechanism, so all the above will help so will a good clean of the dust & grime, also make sure the belt is not twisted, if so pull out to full length and rotate the top part nearest to your shoulder. ;)

Mickyboy 22nd February 2019 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2713670)
Change it as over time the spring gets weak, and they do not return as good as when new.

The dust and grime builds up in the seatbelt mechanism, so all the above will help so will a good clean of the dust & grime, also make sure the belt is not twisted, if so pull out to full length and rotate the top part nearest to your shoulder. ;)

Completely agree with Steve, I see this quite a lot when the spring goes weak.
Mick