The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   English F1 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17199)

Blue Ghost 8th March 2008 10:20

English F1

Lewis Hamilton is one of the best F1 drivers in the world and in Britain

He just lost the title on the last day of the f1 cup but he has won loads of cups

tourerfogey 8th March 2008 12:39

Lewis Hamilton's day will certainly come, and I think it will be sooner rather than later.

:)

bad-head-day 9th March 2008 06:21

Lewis Hamilton is 3/1 at a couple of bookmakers (sportingbet & william hill). Is this worth a punt?

edit - I just put £20 on it, no big time charlie here :)

GERFIX 9th March 2008 07:43

Lewis is definitely a good bet but I can't help wondering if he's got his work cut out this years due to last year's shennanigans and McLaren setting a moritorium on certain points of development. The Ferraris certainly seem to be excellent as expected in testing although with no real comparison due to using a different track from all but Toyota. Also, McLaren didn't top the timesheets on all the tests they did which COULD be worrying.
Best of luck to Lewis though, I certainly hope he does come away with the Championship this year as he desevres it. I also hope Alonso is left chasing the pack although that, too, is fairly unlikely. He is good despite being a big kid.

tourerfogey 9th March 2008 16:55

So, late night/early start next weekend then :)

GERFIX 10th March 2008 11:49

Very early alarm call;). I must admit, I don't mind at all getting up in the middle of the night to watch the Aussie races. It kind of adds to the excitement of the build up for me. I wish Bernie would stop thinking about his massive fortune and let Australia keep the race as it is. Supposedly he wants to save people from getting up in the middle of the night to watch a race. I'm sure, despite the slight inconvenience of getting up a couple of hours early, we'd rather see a race from Down Under, as is traditional now, than not have one at all.

DJO 11th March 2008 09:11

Yeah but this is the same Bernie that reckons Ralf should have got a Ferarri or McLaren drive this year. Earth to planet Ecclestone. Hellooooooooooooooo.

Looks like Williams could be better than BMW this year, the troubles BMW have been having means they could end up being this year's "Honda"...

GERFIX 11th March 2008 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJO (Post 159094)
Yeah but this is the same Bernie that reckons Ralf should have got a Ferarri or McLaren drive this year. Earth to planet Ecclestone. Hellooooooooooooooo.

Looks like Williams could be better than BMW this year, the troubles BMW have been having means they could end up being this year's "Honda"...

I think there are goping to be a few surprises this year Williams hopefully, Renault probably but I definitely look forward to seeing a couple (or more) Red Bull podiums, DC or MW.
BMW do seem to be having problems. I don't think they'll go Honda-shaped but it looks like they may be fighting in the midfield, rather than the top three.

baxlin 11th March 2008 13:44

Thanks, DJO.

I know there are 4 Brits in it this year, LH, DC, AD are 3, but I couldn't think of the 4th.

You mentioning Honda jogged the brain cells, JB is the other one.

And to think I went round the Honda F1 facility at Brackley last year!!!

bad-head-day 15th March 2008 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad-head-day (Post 157867)
Lewis Hamilton is 3/1 at a couple of bookmakers (sportingbet & william hill). Is this worth a punt?

edit - I just put £20 on it, no big time charlie here :)

Best price is now 13/8, [smug mode] :)

http://www.oddschecker.com/motor-spo...lewis-hamilton