The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Mel Dawson Memorial Run and Lunch meet (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=234428)

Ian G 5th January 2016 15:32

Mel Dawson Memorial Run and Lunch meet

The Mel Dawson memorial run and lunch meet
Sunday 13th March 2016

It is a year since our fellow club member Mel Dawson passed away so I thought it would be nice to remember him with a drive along the Jurassic Coast and then have lunch together where we can raise a glass to our departed friend.

I'm hoping that this will become an annual event at a different location around the SW area each year

There will be memorial trophies awarded for both 75 and ZT of the day

Details are as follows
Meet 10.30 at the Harbour Café at West Bay near Bridport, Dorset. DT6 4ER.
West Bay is the location for the TV drama Broadchurch so if you are a fan of the series you will see some familiar sights

We will leave West Bay around 11.15 and take a drive along the B3157 following the Jurassic coast through the pretty villages of Burton Bradstock and Abbotsbury to our lunch time destination close to Weymouth at a venue that boasts some of the finest views to be found anywhere on this ancient coastline where we will have time for a chat and photos before we eat

Two course Lunch Menu @ £10.00 per person
Mains
Roast Pork with roast potatoes and veg
Steak and Ale Pie served with veg as above or Chips and Peas
Roast Pepper stuffed with mediterranean veg and topped with optional goats cheese served with vegetarian gravy
Deserts
Syrup Sponge and Custard
Lemon Cheese Cake

Unlimited Tea and Coffee

Food must be booked and paid for by the 6th March

Please let me know if you would like to be added to the attendance list then PM me with your menu choice and for payment information

I have put a link below for Weymouth area info and accommodation
There are also two Premier Inns in Weymouth and one in Dorchester that can often be a cheaper option
If you plan to overnight in the area I’m more than happy to have a get together on the evening of Saturday 12th at the local Brewers Fayre
Cheers Ian
http://www.weymouthinformationcentre.co.uk/

Names
Redfive x 2 ..................eating
Flying Banana...............eating
matt darke x 2..............eating

Ratty x 2......................eating
Bluejon x 2...................eating
Kenny x 2.....................eating
PeteZS x 2...................eating
Ceedy x 2……….......…....eating
Phil63 x 2.....................eating
Marmy6 .......................eating
Malcom x 2...................eating

Please be aware this is not an official 75&ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club takes no responsibility for the meeting/event in any way.

FLYING BANANA 5th January 2016 15:44

What a lovely way to remind us all about one of our past members. Loved Mel, a true diamond. How many times did he pack up smoking? Was a shock when I found out he had passed away.

So you best stick Banana down

Steak n ale pie, spuds n veg.
Cheesecake

Best get somewhere booked up.

Cable Tie 5th January 2016 21:30

Yes please x2 1x roast pork 1x steak and ale pie chips and peas and 2x lemon cheese cake please and is a fitting tribute to such a true gent let me know how u want payment cheers Matt and happy new year to you and Jan xxxx for Jan

FLYING BANANA 6th January 2016 11:56

Lodemoor Premier Inn booked for Saturday and Sunday night. Will travel down early Saturday morning as per norm.

Cable Tie 6th January 2016 12:54

Just booked lodmoor make a weekend of it would be rude not to lol bring on the rattlers yeeeee haaaaa

windrush 6th January 2016 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 2187428)
The Mel Dawson memorial run and lunch meet
Sunday 13th March 2016

It is a year since our fellow club member Mel Dawson passed away so I thought it would be nice to remember him with a drive along the Jurassic Coast and then have lunch together where we can raise a glass to our departed friend.

There will be memorial trophies awarded for both 75 and ZT of the day

Details are as follows
Meet 10.30 at the Harbour Café at West Bay near Bridport, Dorset. DT6 4ER.
West Bay is the location for the TV drama Broadchurch so if you are a fan of the series you will see some familiar locations

We will leave West Bay around 11.15 and take a drive along the B3157 following the Jurassic coast through the pretty villages of Burton Bradstock and Abbotsbury to our lunch time destination close to Weymouth at a venue that boasts some of the finest views to be found anywhere on this ancient coastline where we will have time for a chat and photos before we eat

Two course Lunch Menu @ £10.00 per person
Mains
Roast Pork with roast potatoes and veg
Steak and Ale Pie served with veg as above or Chips and Peas
Roast Pepper stuffed with mediterranean veg and topped with optional goats cheese served with vegetarian gravy
Deserts
Syrup Sponge and Custard
Lemon Cheese Cake

Unlimited Tea and Coffee

Food must be booked and paid for by the 6th March

Please let me know if you would like to be added to the attendance list then PM me with your menu choice and for payment information

I have put a link below for Weymouth area info and accommodation
There are also two Premier Inns in Weymouth and one in Dorchester Steak and ale pie andthat can often be a cheaper option
If you plan to overnight in the area I’m more than happy to have a get together on the evening of Saturday 12th at the local Brewers Fayre
Cheers Ian
http://www.weymouthinformationcentre.co.uk/

Names
Redfive x 2 ..................eating
Flying Banana...............eating
matt darke x 2..............eating

Hi Ian Lilian and I would love to attend this event could you put us down as tbc
We will be eating and staying Saturday and Sunday evenings and will be ordering 1x steak and ale pie also1xroast pork and for sweet steam pudding and cheese cake

Cheers Lilian and Derek

Ian G 6th January 2016 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 2188119)
Hi Ian Lilian and I would love to attend this event could you put us down as tbc
We will be eating and staying Saturday and Sunday evenings and will be ordering 1x steak and ale pie also1xroast pork and for sweet steam pudding and cheese cake

Cheers Lilian and Derek

That's great Derek, happy new year to yourself and Lillian.
I have put you on the list, it will be great to see you both again.
I saw you marching proudly at the veterans weekend here at Weymouth last year but then lost you in the crowds afterwards.
All the best Ian

Ian G 6th January 2016 16:10

OK Guys
There already seems to be enough of us around for me to book a table for Sat evening, so I'll do that with a provision to let them have final numbers the week before.
I take it all will be happy with Brewers Fayre
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA 6th January 2016 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 2188205)
OK Guys
There already seems to be enough of us around for me to book a table for Sat evening, so I'll do that with a provision to let them have final numbers the week before the booking.
I take it all will be happy with Brewers Fayre
Cheers Ian

Fine by me.

Cable Tie 6th January 2016 17:13

Yeah same here less distance to stumble home lol