The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Controversy over after market DRLs. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=211355)

Grumpy1 18th March 2015 11:39

Controversy over after market DRLs.

I noticed an old thread was revived yesterday about the fitting of after market DRLs. Some of you may remember a thread I started after I fitted some last year. This almost started World War 3! There was much animosity towards them, some replies being quite unpleasant, negative and very opinionated. At my time of life I really don't need this sort of controversy so I have decided not to attend any more club meets. Which is a shame, because I was going to put my name down for the Yorkshire meet this weekend were I was going to give away a mk1 meshed grille complete with a Viking badge. Never mind, I'll keep it as a spare in case the one on my car ever gets damaged.

If you see this Mark2000cc, will you please remove my name from the Sherwood Forest meet in September.

Chad.

Neil1 18th March 2015 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy1 (Post 1951222)
I noticed an old thread was revived yesterday about the fitting of after market DRLs. Some of you may remember a thread I started after I fitted some last year. This almost started World War 3! There was much animosity towards them, some replies being quite unpleasant, negative and very opinionated. At my time of life I really don't need this sort of controversy so I have decided not to attend any more club meets. Which is a shame, because I was going to put my name down for the Yorkshire meet this weekend were I was going to give away a mk1 meshed grille complete with a Viking badge. Never mind, I'll keep it as a spare in case the one on my car ever gets damaged.

If you see this Mark2000cc, will you please remove my name from the Sherwood Forest meet in September.

Chad.

That's a shame!

I wouldn't let what other people think of DRL's fitted to put me off, it's your car at the end of the day.

I've been looking at the ones from Osram which are fog and DRL's incorporated because my car doesn't have any fog lights fitted.

I'm not a purist and have upset so many people over the years with some of the changes that I have made to my cars that I just don't care what others think anymore.

Some liked what I did while others didn't.

The standard Rover 75/MG ZT can have so many options fitted that no two cars are ever the same and I think we all like to tinker to some degree.

I say go to the Show's and show off your pride and joy because I would very much like to see it! :}

freddie 18th March 2015 11:51

Hi Roger Dont take any notice of What any body says about what you do with
with your car ,after all its only a car.
I have drls front spoiler, rear spoiler,mg7 rear lights , chrome wheels plus many more bits and pieces My car I do what I like with it.

Dont let any one spoil your fun .I go to meets if people dont like my carHard cheese.

Pistonbroke666 18th March 2015 11:57

You shouldn't let other peoples opinion affect you to the point where you won't attend a meet.

There are some who begrudge tuning the K series, preferring that I prop up BMW up with my money instead... so I've thrown a good few thousand at my project just to spite them and keep the MG-R flag flying hehe.

Chin up bud.

suzublu 18th March 2015 11:58

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::wot::wot::wot::wo t: Nil desperandum, carborundum ;) Don't take it to heart Chadster, some people don't like what i've done either, but as Freddie says, it's your car to do with as YOU want ;):}

alanjay 18th March 2015 12:07

Your car your choice, I dare say some of those who criticise have carried out mods that others would disapprove of.

A lot of club members are critical of the colour of my car but it doesn't stop me going to meets and nor should your DRL's stop you.

Better still, start a meet purely for 75's with DRL's.

Neil1 18th March 2015 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanjay (Post 1951235)
Your car your choice, I dare say some of those who criticise have carried out mods that others would disapprove of.

A lot of club members are critical of the colour of my car but it doesn't stop me going to meets and nor should your DRL's stop you.

Better still, start a meet purely for 75's with DRL's.

Why?
What colour is your car?
Pink! :eek: :laughing2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :bigsmile:

Snetty 18th March 2015 12:21

I hope you will have a change of heart and go to the meets, don't let the inconsiderate comments of a few discourage you from enjoying attending the meets.

Jay 18th March 2015 12:27

Don't let it stop you going to meetings Chad.

I agree with the above replies and anyway who wants DRL's :shrug:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0ae3d2d9.png

I Do!! ;):D:cool:

And yours look very smart :}

2.2-600-vtec 18th March 2015 12:38

At the end off it none off our cars are pure as we have all added bits that they left the factory without, besides the car is a mix and match with BMW parts, a very very good mix but not a pure rover as it were, my personal opinion on day running lights is that if you fit them make them bright enough to make an effect and make them look factory, if you don't well its your car as long as your happy who cares.

Every one is allowed there own opinion so long as they are not rude then I wouldn't let it get you down, if they are rude then the moderator should say something as its supposed to be a friendly forum.

We all drive mg rovers and people resent and mock us for that so we should get along