The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mystery clunk! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295917)

Terryf 20th May 2019 21:42

Mystery clunk!

I have a mystery clunk in my car, when I accelerate something seems to slide and goes "clunk". It seems to be passenger side and somewhere about the bottom of the door line.
I thought of something in the door pocket so cleared them out.
Strange thing is I would have expected that when I braked it would go the other way, but it doesn't.
Any clues would be gratefully received while I keep looking, I don't think it is serious because it does not seem to affect the car or the driving. :duh:
Terry

wullie480 21st May 2019 07:02

Could it possibly be the front wishbone rear bush that has failed?
Worth jacking car up and have a look and see if there is any free play in the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

planenut 21st May 2019 09:27

Might be worth jacking up, as suggested, then undo and retighten the wheel nuts to see if there is any lateral movement, which again, may indicate the wishbone bush failing. I only this noticed on one of mine when I changed a wheel.

madeupname 21st May 2019 09:31

Kim's nearside wishbone inner bush is on its way out, but I don't hear what the OP describes.
Maybe someone's kid put a marble in the floor when the carpet was out? :shrug:
Just guessing :getmecoat:

roverbarmy 21st May 2019 10:40

+1 on wishbone rear bush. Exactly what I had.
;)

Terryf 22nd May 2019 13:46

Right, I now realise that if I want to see what an idiot looks like, all I need to do is look in a mirror.
Called in to my friendly mechanic and explained the problem, "I'll have a run with you" he said. "good" said I.
Starts off, accelerate "clunk!"
He reaches forward and pulls out a de-icer can from glove box.
" Try it now " He says.
Accelerate, silence. "Bluddyhell" says I.
Completely forgot about the glove box.
Terry :duh::duh::duh:

FLYING BANANA 22nd May 2019 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryf (Post 2735360)
Right, I now realise that if I want to see what an idiot looks like, all I need to do is look in a mirror.
Called in to my friendly mechanic and explained the problem, "I'll have a run with you" he said. "good" said I.
" Try it now " He says.

It comes with age, well that’s my excuse. At least you have got it sorted out with no cost to you.

madeupname 22nd May 2019 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryf (Post 2735360)
" Try it now " He says.

not a marble then ;)

roverbarmy 22nd May 2019 20:52

You need to fit a glovebox CD changer. That way there's no room for anything else! :)
:D

Terryf 22nd May 2019 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2735426)
You need to fit a glovebox CD changer. That way there's no room for anything else! :)
:D

I removed that when I had the Navall 2 fitted. :D