The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Never selling up (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=270821)

StephenEssex 21st July 2017 21:32

Never selling up

I have been driving 17 years, had numerous cars of various makes, many of them German, but two years ago I paid £400 for my old W reg 75 and for the first time I know I have a car I would never ever give up or sell.

This week it flew through the MOT and then had a B service, again the garage gave it a clean bill of health, I was only too happy to spend over £300 on it this week.

Has anyone else found this with their 75 and decided this car is going nowhere, or am I getting old at 34 and stuck in my ways? I did have someone enquire about the car earlier this year, I said No without even asking what they might be prepared to offer.

Its a 2.5 KV6 car from Cowley.

FLYING BANANA 21st July 2017 21:39

Yup! Bought ole Yella 7 years ago and will never sell her. She will go to her new home when I either have to give up driving or travel upstairs.

Rooney 21st July 2017 21:39

No, you're not the only one, we are legion :D

simondhopkins 21st July 2017 21:41

When I had to scrap my tourer only car I could see myself driving was another 75 or zt.

StephenEssex 21st July 2017 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2520696)
Yup! Bought ole Yella 7 years ago and will never sell her. She will go to her new home when I either have to give up driving or travel upstairs.

Mine is also yellow.

roverbarmy 21st July 2017 21:47

You will struggle to find a better car for such a reasonable price. I try to do as much work as I can myself but at 66 I shall struggle with major repairs I guess. The car is now 17 years old and has passed the MOT with no advisories, so I must be getting it right. Just short of 70,000 now and running sweetly.:}

Dallas 21st July 2017 21:52

Congratulations on the MOT pass :D these cars do certainly get a hold on you. :eek:

I managed to shake it off once with my two previous 75's, this time its going to be a lot harder with my current 190ZT.

Its one of those strange love-hate relationships. :shrug:

Rogue 21st July 2017 21:56

I can't imagine selling my old Cowley ... Keeps going through Mot's with little needing done and i get just as much pleasure driving her now as i did when i bought her.. I think this one is here to stay awhile.

Captain Crappycrimp 21st July 2017 23:54

I have had many and varied cars and never kept them for long, \I used to swear by SAAABs but when I bought my first ZT T I feel in love with the cars and while I still change them quite often its always for another ZT/ZTT.

rustymotor 22nd July 2017 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadomobile (Post 2520744)
I have had many and varied cars and never kept them for long, \I used to swear by SAAABs but when I bought my first ZT T I feel in love with the cars and while I still change them quite often its always for another ZT/ZTT.

I like Saab's sold my 95 hot aero a few months back, flying machine though am enjoying the 75 tourer which was bought for £260..:}