The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   We're now an XPart distributor. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206162)

DMGRS 22nd January 2015 11:33

We're now an XPart distributor.

Hello guys and girls,
Just a quick heads up to let you know we now work with XPart, and will be able to source any available original parts from them.
Over the next few weeks we'll gradually replace some of our own-sourced items with genuine MG Rover parts - this will be made clear in the product images and description.

We aim to be the lowest priced distributor of MG Rover parts, and will continue this when working with XPart.

As a side note, we'd also like to welcome Laura to the team here - she'll be dealing with stock control and ordering parts, while I continue on the forums etc. :)

Tin Tent 22nd January 2015 11:36

Great news.

stocktake 22nd January 2015 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1897194)

As a side note, we'd also like to welcome Laura to the team here - she'll be dealing with stock control and ordering parts, while I continue on the forums etc. :)

:wantpics: :getmecoat:

DMGRS 22nd January 2015 11:41

I'll get a cheeky snap with some LUK kit later. :D

rich17865 22nd January 2015 11:48

Oh fab, you know it was worth it ;)

Glad I mentioned it?

DMGRS 22nd January 2015 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1897203)
Oh fab, you know it was worth it ;)

Glad I mentioned it?

Thank you for the mention, yes - but in the end it was due to a deal to supply a popular product XPart are now the distributor for, and I may as well sell the rest while I'm dealing with them.

They're incredibly helpful, and it shouldn't take us long to get things rolling with genuine parts.

Many, many price cuts for genuine parts we already stock via another reseller are also on the cards.

Canonite 22nd January 2015 16:20

Good news Matt, well done.
Which reminds me to PM you. I know Carla has spoke to you already but ive a few questions ;)

Dorset Bob 22nd January 2015 16:45

Great news Mat!
Good to see that your parts business is growing. :}

Jim W 22nd January 2015 16:48

Brilliant news

vindaloo 22nd January 2015 17:29

Good news for us all Mat, well done.

doopydug 22nd January 2015 17:31

Great news, Mat - onwards and upwards !

May I ask if you sell KV6 injector seals and fuel rail seals?

ProfDave 22nd January 2015 18:19

Well done fella. Your support underpins us using these old beasts!

Doc Evil 22nd January 2015 19:13

Great news Mat
I just hope that X part allow you to continue to sell parts at Discounted prices

Another major step keeping our beloved cars on the road looked after by a true enthusiast
Good luck mate and I hope you enjoy the benefits yourself

Doc

MangoMan 22nd January 2015 19:24

That's great news! It was a big loss when they stopped dealing directly online as their distributors were not great!

marinabrian 22nd January 2015 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 1897504)
That's great news! It was a big loss when they stopped dealing directly online as their distributors were not great!

What? people like Rimmer Brothers, South Lakes Minis etc :confused:

All power to Matt for securing an X-Part franchise, if he can match the level of discount afforded to me ordering SAP direct from Hinckley I'll use him ;)

Brian :D

Howie63 22nd January 2015 19:43

Quote:

Hello guys and girls,
Just a quick heads up to let you know we now work with XPart, and will be able to source any available original parts from them.
Over the next few weeks we'll gradually replace some of our own-sourced items with genuine MG Rover parts - this will be made clear in the product images and description.

We aim to be the lowest priced distributor of MG Rover parts, and will continue this when working with XPart.

Hi, Mat great news, when will our postage money be refunded for returning the MK2 master cylinder which you promised to refund on 2nd January 2015. we posted it to you 1st class signed for.
Regards Lee & Patricia.

bl52krz 22nd January 2015 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie63 (Post 1897519)
Hi, Mat great news, when will our postage money be refunded for returning the MK2 master cylinder which you promised to refund on 2nd January 2015. we posted it to you 1st class signed for.
Regards Lee & Patricia.

Surely it would be better to nontact Matt directly rather than post on the club. Just a suggestion.

bl52krz 22nd January 2015 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 1897526)
Surely it would be better to nontact Matt directly rather than post on the club. Just a suggestion.

And by the way Matt, good news for you, but even better news for us. What a way to start 2015. Good luck with your projects.

rosephus 22nd January 2015 19:58

Good work Mat. Onwards and upwards!

Howie63 22nd January 2015 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 1897526)

yes it may be better but he does not always reply to emails , thanks for your comment.

sponge_mike 22nd January 2015 20:03

Quote:

Regards Lee & Patricia.

Useless post.

Seafrost 22nd January 2015 20:08

Quote:

Hello guys and girls,

http://www.bestgifever.com/data/imag...6v0ao1-400.gif:bowdown::bowdown:

MangoMan 22nd January 2015 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 1897508)
What? people like Rimmer Brothers, South Lakes Minis etc :confused:

All power to Matt for securing an X-Part franchise, if he can match the level of discount afforded to me ordering SAP direct from Hinckley I'll use him ;)

Brian :D

Yes.... (What..??) Although not Rimmer's, but the others most definitely, especially Viking for one!

A lot of the stuff you used to be able to buy directly from X-Part you had to order THROUGH them to get the parts, and most of the time they weren't interested, and if they were the prices were far higher!

But at least with DMGRS we have a dedicated supplier!

THAT was what I was meaning....

DMGRS 22nd January 2015 22:27

Quote:

Regards Lee & Patricia.

Hello there, I've dropped you a PM - I'd assumed this was sorted out already. :)
All emails and PMs are up to date - we did have issues last year, but these have been sorted for a while now.

DMGRS 22nd January 2015 22:32

Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback - it's nice to know so many are behind me and my efforts. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydug (Post 1897424)
Great news, Mat - onwards and upwards !

May I ask if you sell KV6 injector seals and fuel rail seals?

I shall have them soon, they're on the 'homework list' - I'll post a thread up in my Shop section of the forum when they're added. :)

Polly 23rd January 2015 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sponge_mike (Post 1897534)
Useless post.

Why?
If it's not a legitimate comment, I'm sure the OP will soon tell us so,

MSS 23rd January 2015 17:27

Quote:

Regards Lee & Patricia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sponge_mike (Post 1897534)
Useless post.

Hmmm...

Now which is the absolutely, terribly useless post?:shrug:

I am strugling......not really...one has a valid point to make and a purpose. ;)

Howie63, as a "newbie" you have so much to learn my man...one of the fundamental requirements on the forum is for members to publicly and regularly sing hymns supporting certain traders. Alternatively, suffer the wrath of the supporters groups. :D

I am only half-serious chaps but we do need to show some respect for the fact that others who post may have a valid point if not many valid points.

Oh dear, I think I am probably going to be as popular as Howie63.

super chip 23rd January 2015 19:05

Very good news as our cars get older.well done matt

Thomas 23rd January 2015 19:20

Brilliant news Matt! where you going to put all the stock!:D

DMGRS 24th January 2015 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 1898995)
Hmmm...

Now which is the absolutely, terribly useless post?:shrug:

I am strugling......not really...one has a valid point to make and a purpose. ;)

Howie63, as a "newbie" you have so much to learn my man...one of the fundamental requirements on the forum is for members to publicly and regularly sing hymns supporting certain traders. Alternatively, suffer the wrath of the supporters groups. :D

I am only half-serious chaps but we do need to show some respect for the fact that others who post may have a valid point if not many valid points.

Oh dear, I think I am probably going to be as popular as Howie63.

I'd hardly call it a fundamental requirement of this forum to praise traders all of the time - if someone would like to voice feedback, that's great. If not - then fair enough. Feedback both good and bad is always appreciated.

It could also be said that some are always against certain traders - but you don't see the traders in question making a song and dance about it.
You'll always have some supporters and some that don't - it's all part of the business.

rich17865 24th January 2015 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1900152)
I'd hardly call it a fundamental requirement of this forum to praise traders all of the time - if someone would like to voice feedback, that's great. If not - then fair enough. Feedback both good and bad is always appreciated.

It could also be said that some are always against certain traders - but you don't see the traders in question making a song and dance about it.
You'll always have some supporters and some that don't - it's all part of the business.

Mat, I have a complaint,

you don't buy the beers at the pub. Or share the sharing platter. :mad:

DMGRS 24th January 2015 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1900158)
Mat, I have a complaint,

you don't buy the beers at the pub. Or share the sharing platter. :mad:

You should probably make your own thread about it, and then post about it in every thread I also post in. :D
I don't share beers or food, the 2 basic rules. :p:

rich17865 24th January 2015 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1900161)
You should probably make your own thread about it, and then post about it in every thread I also post in. :D
I don't share beers or food, the 2 basic rules. :p:

I wasn't expecting to share your beer, I am not a student with a pack of straws.

Look out for future posts about this very subject, and yes maybe even it's own dedicated thread pointing out your non sharing skills.

Oh no wait, I am not a fruit loop. :D

DMGRS 24th January 2015 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1900164)
Oh no wait, I am not a fruit loop. :D

Questionable.... :D

MSS 25th January 2015 16:19

QED ;):}:new_year: :p:

DMGRS 27th January 2015 00:56

Just a quick update, we have the XPart chap here tomorrow - has anyone any questions they'd like me to put to them? :)

Lovel 27th January 2015 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1902362)
Just a quick update, we have the XPart chap here tomorrow - has anyone any questions they'd like me to put to them? :)

A couple of straight forward ones for them.......:}

What value is the current market value for MGR spares sales, compared to say 2005 ?

What are there long term objectives with the MGR brand? at what point or value will they drop that brand?

If they do drop MGR in the future can they make sure the engineering drawings arent thrown in the skip?

DMGRS 27th January 2015 09:12

I shall ask the questions Lovel - thank you. :)

rich17865 27th January 2015 16:41

How did it go?

DMGRS 27th January 2015 19:24

Right chaps, all went very well - and we now have access to all of the XPart database etc.

If anyone wants to know availability of any parts direct, feel free to PM me - I can check from my end, and see how many are in stock etc.

With regards to the future, XPart will be keeping stock of all items for as long as possible, and have no immediate plans to downsize or discontinue any large lines of parts - however this is of course at the mercy of suppliers.
The chap who visited saw no reason to worry for the immediate future, at least.

Overall an excellent step forward, and this will no doubt help keep our cars going that bit longer.
With regards to pricing and stock for us, we'll be focusing on replacing a few of our core products with Genuine MG Rover items first, and then will look towards expansion of the rage.

Thanks for your support again everyone.