The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Clutch pedal to the floor (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302928)

Beena wild 16th February 2020 13:16

Clutch pedal to the floor

yeh - couldn't believe it - and after only 18 years! Pathetic :D

Anyway, getting the Black Bird picked up tomorrow and new clutch. Probably heading for the 1000 euro mark.....any bids below that in Dublin?

Great to vent on this forum but expected it to be like this eventually!!!! Luckily not on Motorway but at a set of traffic lights and two very helpful chaps pushed her into a pub car park. I wish i could have parked myself inside!!!!

Beena wild 18th February 2020 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beena wild (Post 2793549)

Anyway, getting the Black Bird picked up tomorrow and new clutch. Probably heading for the 1000 euro mark.....any bids below that in Dublin?

Great to vent on this forum but expected it to be like this eventually!!!! Luckily not on Motorway but at a set of traffic lights and two very helpful chaps pushed her into a pub car park. I wish i could have parked myself inside!!!!

Got my car back today.....Slave cylinder, clutch kit, brake fluid change, oil top up 650 euro.

Well worth every cent!:cool:

planenut 18th February 2020 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beena wild (Post 2793869)
Got my car back today.....Slave cylinder, clutch kit, brake fluid change, oil top up 650 euro.

Well worth every cent!:cool:

Happy motoring!

Beena wild 21st February 2020 10:25

Mot

MOT (National Car Test) Today. Fingers crossed .

Beena wild 22nd February 2020 08:52

Dreaded corroded brake pipes have scuppered my optimism. :duh:

Still could be worse i suppose.

Retest and then off to the great outdoors in a great car:bowdown:

Odd Job 27th February 2020 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beena wild (Post 2793549)

How many miles had your car done when the clutch failed please?

trikey 27th February 2020 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2795787)
How many miles had your car done when the clutch failed please?

Mine was on 200k on the original clutch!!

Typhoon190 3rd March 2020 18:35

At this moment in time I'm guessing that I have a master cylinder issue. The master cylinder was a new unit replaced with a second slave cylinder.

Having replaced the slave cylinder for the second time in as many years, I now have a 'popping' when depressing the pedal. On occasion it gets stuck on the deck and needs releasing. No loss of pressure.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

Ben. :getmecoat: