The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Valeting Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   'mopping' (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40685)

sivvy1 1st July 2009 08:39

'mopping'

I have been looking at 'mopping' the paint, its something a friend of a firend does, what is the average price for this sort of service?

he said he would be able to get rid of the little stone marks and light scratches with the mopping, and would be able to touch uip the one chip in the paint

is this something that is worth doing?

what is the going rate

thanks

zola66 1st July 2009 09:22

I was quoted around £380.00 for a mop & polish about 2 years ago, but now I would say it would be a lot more, to do this they would have to take the chrome strips, door handles & all badges off and takes about 2-3 days dto do.

sivvy1 1st July 2009 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by zola66 (Post 349735)
I was quoted around £380.00 for a mop & polish about 2 years ago, but now I would say it would be a lot more, to do this they would have to take the chrome strips, door handles & all badges off and takes about 2-3 days dto do.

ok, well the price i was quoted was a fair bit less than that, i will ask some more info today

deano78 1st July 2009 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by zola66 (Post 349735)

low tac masking tape is usually sufficient coverage without resorting to taking parts off. for a full machine polish you would be looking at about £350-£600 depending on where you are in the country and who you use. Please gents dont get all excited if you get offered it for peanuts as chances are they will make a total mess of it and you;ll have to pay again to get it done properly.

empsburna 2nd July 2009 21:49

yep, beware of cheap jobs - they are cheap for a reason.

£300+ would be about right for a standard car that hasn't seen any paint before.

Machine polishing won't remove stone chips - in some cases they can look worse so care has to be taken around the area.

kevin 4th July 2009 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by empsburna (Post 350430)

Machine polishing won't remove stone chips - in some cases they can look worse so care has to be taken around the area.

I did not see any stone chips till after I use a machine polisher. now have lots all over the bonnet.:mad:

empsburna 6th July 2009 10:28

What wax did you use afterwards?

Collinite by any chance?

kevin 6th July 2009 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by empsburna (Post 351960)
What wax did you use afterwards?

Collinite by any chance?

big white hi-temp paste wax 1000