The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Updates to nav 3 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=250673)

trimani 5th August 2016 22:39

Updates to nav 3

Are there any updates available, software or firmware for Nav 3.

I have Android 4.4.2
2MB of Ram

I know other peeps ask same question, but I never seem to see an answer :shrug:

trimani (ALF)

Kennyeth 6th August 2016 05:45

:flog:

:D:D:D:D
Ken.

coolcat 6th August 2016 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimani (Post 2342538)
Are there any updates available, software or firmware for Nav 3.

I have Android 4.4.2
2MB of Ram

I know other peeps ask same question, but I never seem to see an answer :shrug:

trimani (ALF)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2342591)
:flog:

:D:D:D:D
Ken.

There is an update available but an issue has been found with installing it so it has been delayed .

There will be an announcement from Sean but only when and if it's ready guys:}

Kennyeth 6th August 2016 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2342609)
There is an update available but an issue has been found with installing it so it has been delayed .

There will be an announcement from Sean but only when and if it's ready guys:}

Thanks Jeff, hope my light hearted post was OK? :}
I am a patient chap, I waited 69 years to get to this age:}
Ken.

coolcat 6th August 2016 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2342647)
Thanks Jeff, hope my light hearted post was OK? :}
I am a patient chap, I waited 69 years to get to this age:}
Ken.

Of course Ken,

69 years young then :bowdown:

tdi90 6th August 2016 22:08

So Sean couldnt be bothered to let us know that an update was in progress then? Loads of threads about issues with the navall3 asking about updates and no replies from Sean. :shrug:
I know I'll probably get banned for bad mouthing a trader, but it appears that he doesnt give a hoot about owners with problematic nav3's. And why should he when he's got a new unit to promote and sell. :getmecoat:

What's he got written in his signature about 'poor service'?

Radioguy 7th August 2016 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdi90 (Post 2343162)
So Sean couldnt be bothered to let us know that an update was in progress then? Loads of threads about issues with the navall3 asking about updates and no replies from Sean. :shrug:
I know I'll probably get banned for bad mouthing a trader, but it appears that he doesnt give a hoot about owners with problematic nav3's. And why should he when he's got a new unit to promote and sell. :getmecoat:

What's he got written in his signature about 'poor service'?

Wow , Loads of threads and emails about the great things on the Navall 3..also loads of emails............I got the update on Monday and
I have been working on this update for about a week solid. about a dozen emails to the engineer , my factory rep and tried the update 6 times ....
I have mentioned to several people that I have it. I havent posted because its not ready. If you saw what I saw right now regarding how to do this update and whats involved including possible removal of resistors. , you wouldnt be saying what you are saying. Coolcat has seen a part of it , and so far , after hours of trying I haven't gotten a successful update on my bench unit.... If you want, Ill send it to you , and oyu can go ahead and brick your unit. I think you just like finding things to go off about. Its distracting and annoying to be honest.....and I do care and am trying to resolve all issues....BEFORE releasing it.....as I have done many times in the past.....

Kennyeth 7th August 2016 05:58

I have always found Sean and Jeff to be very helpful.
We were told about updates long ago but the posts are lost now and way, way back.
I do not think added pressure from negative posts are going to help.
I don`t like it, I`m sure Sean is not liking it either.
Ken.

tdi90 7th August 2016 07:39

Yes, Jeff is very helpful I never said any different :shrug: I am sorry to have dared to post something negative about a trader, only going by my own experiences.

Sean, thank you for your post. At least we now know for sure that something is being done. Is that an OS update or a bugfix update?

aircub 7th August 2016 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2343214)
Wow , Loads of threads and emails about the great things on the Navall 3..also loads of emails............I got the update on Monday and
I have been working on this update for about a week solid. about a dozen emails to the engineer , my factory rep and tried the update 6 times ....
I have mentioned to several people that I have it. I havent posted because its not ready. If you saw what I saw right now regarding how to do this update and whats involved including possible removal of resistors. , you wouldnt be saying what you are saying. Coolcat has seen a part of it , and so far , after hours of trying I haven't gotten a successful update on my bench unit.... If you want, Ill send it to you , and oyu can go ahead and brick your unit. I think you just like finding things to go off about. Its distracting and annoying to be honest.....and I do care and am trying to resolve all issues....BEFORE releasing it.....as I have done many times in the past.....

Do you have the same problems for Android 6 as you do for 5.1.? Is it worth waiting a little longer for 6 as I have read on other forums that Andorid 6 is a much better operating system, and 5 was a dogs breakfast...:D:D