The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What feature drives you mad! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264035)

KWIL 20th March 2017 20:01

Deltic,

I do not have any of those things. Perhaps its because it has been properly looked after since new.

Darcydog 20th March 2017 20:17

I would be careful about disabling the drivers door only unlocking with one press. This is a security feature to stop people jumping in the car with you when you enter your car.
When central locking first came out we had all our female company car drivers cars central locking disabled as it was considered too dangerous for them to unlock all four doors at once. Both they and our company security advisers felt using a key to unlock just the drivers door was advisable.

So for a delicate soul like me - I like the single "blip" drivers door only.

My pet hate with our cars is the Climate Control Panel - difficult to change by feel alone so I end up having to look at it and in comparison to nice big easy to feel dials like on the lower spec cars and on my old Discovery.

Other than that I find our cars well designed. I wouldn't want a drivers side cup holder - and the one fitted takes a can of Coke perfectly - so no complaints from me re this.

A mild annoyance is the cig lighter position (I don't smoke) as I use it to charge things and it being right in front of the gear leaver makes it all a bit "crowded"

SCP440 20th March 2017 20:19

Fuel tank is not big enough, I know mine is a V8 but stopping for fuel every 250 miles is crazy. My last car a Saab Aero would do double the distance easily.

The reflexion of the light in the clock on the screen does get annoying at night, I am planning on taking the clock apart if possible to see if it can be shielded some how.

I think every car I have ever owned has some annoyances, some it is just poor design and some just cost cutting or both. When you think how good a modern car is compared with what we were driving 20, 30 or even 40 years ago it is good to see we find such petty things annoying. My Dad bought a new Peugeot 504 in the 70's, it was rusty in every panel within 18 months and would often fail to start if left for more than a few days. This was nothing when you here what some people had to put up with other makes in the same decade.

Martin1972 20th March 2017 20:22

2: Auto Stop Wipers. I want to see out of the windscreen when stationary at a junction or set of traffic lights when its raining.

This! It's nuts!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

rusdee 20th March 2017 20:46

Humm cd changer takes up all the glove box,passenger seat doesn't adjust up or down but the worse thing it beeps every time I push a button on the climate control panel. Apart from that its great

Graham E 20th March 2017 20:51

Whenever I park the car I always have to stop and look back at it for a few seconds which causes me to be a bit late :D

Nev The Bear 20th March 2017 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2464291)
1: Exterior Boot Release Handle. There isn't one.

2: Auto Stop Wipers. I want to see out of the windscreen when stationary at a junction or set of traffic lights when its raining.

3: ZT Cup Holders. Where are they? I have 2x pen holders, but only 1x cup holder. :shrug:

4: The Centre Console. Ash-tray location. Door-lock switch location. Cup holder design. The angle of the car stereo if using a DD screen.

5: Central Locking. One press unlock driver door only. :shrug:

6: The Large Wraparound ZT Front Bumper. How many times do we need to take the whole thing off to do the simplest of tasks.

All silly little things, but they do bug me from time to time.

I think number 5 the central locking can be changed by someone with a T4, it might be worth contacting PhilT4 to enquire about this.

Nev The Bear 20th March 2017 20:55

Mine would be the design of the fixing for the rear lights on the 75 tourers and ZTT's.

steve-45 20th March 2017 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nev The Bear (Post 2464417)
I think number 5 the central locking can be changed by someone with a T4, it might be worth contacting PhilT4 to enquire about this.

It can definitely be changed, there are several options available via the T4 settings available.

chiron_myth 20th March 2017 21:11

It's got to be the opaque coolant tanks (yes, I drive a 1.8!), in a wondrous choice of black or magnolia. A critical part of the machine that can only be opened when cool, and somebody thought "lets make it impossible to check after a drive" :duh:

To be fair, the reason for that is probably the internal construction of it needing a harder plaster but it's still very annoying. I've been tempted on more than one occasion to fit an aftermarket bottle to see what happens but have more interesting jobs to work on for now.