The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Plenum Drain Warning System - NEW! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2300)

Simon W 19th January 2007 02:26

Plenum Drain Warning System - NEW!

Well, guys & gals, here it is - The Ultimate Gizmo

THE IDIOT-PROOF
PLENUM DRAIN EARLY WARNING SYSTEM

Don't get caught out - fit one today!

Bright, powerful bulb (240v AC)
illuminates at the merest sniff of water

Easily seen by driver and passengers
from inside the car

Lamp housing available
in all popular MGR colours
(metallic paint at an outrageous extra cost)

Don't be disappointed
Order yours early for Christmas!

Rich 19th January 2007 05:34

Lol :D

Halfords would buy those by the crate load :)

smokie999 19th January 2007 06:20

is it one of those very rare e-bay items

ColinB 19th January 2007 07:06

Is it available in right and left hand drive forms?:D

ColinB 19th January 2007 07:08

Oh, and can it be fitted with a zenon conversion?:lol:

Simon W 19th January 2007 07:38

Yes it's available in left & right hand drive versions (at extra cost). Xenon conversions are also availaible (at extra cost), as are Midsomer Murder Special Edition versions (at a gargantuan extra cost).

In the Midsomer Murder Special Edition, the standard lamp (shown above) is replaced by a high-power film lamp called a Dino 24 - a 24,000 watt carbon arc light.

NB. This version is only available when purchased with an extremely dark pair of sunglasses. Customers are also advised that the Dino 24 weighs 88kg - we recommend fitting heavy duty suspension struts and a reinforced bonnet prior to ordering.

Tom Collins 19th January 2007 07:53

This is all very well, but what if the early warning device were to get blocked by fallen leaves etc. Maybe some kind of spyhole mod would be in order so the lamp could be checked regularly.

Simon W 19th January 2007 08:02

We had thought of that already, which is why we are offering our customers the ECU Shift Option (at extra cost of course). This involves re-positioning the ECU on the Front Passenger Seat, thereby negating the need for a drain hole. The early warning lamp itself is completely waterproof and does not require any maintenance apart from bulb changing.

Tom Collins 19th January 2007 08:11

Great, put me down for 3. I only have one 75, but you can't have too much of a good thing can you. Do you also offer the Wife Shift Option where she gets dumped unceremoniously in the boot.

apywell 19th January 2007 08:17

Sorry Simon but I think this looks rather stupid!!

How about mounting it on the dash righ behind the steering wheel? That way even my missus would see it....:clap: