The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can't start car but CD player wants to run! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304123)

MissMoppet 8th April 2020 14:33

Can't start car but CD player wants to run!

Now here's an odd one (for me). Can't start the V6, beeps when I turn switch - and doesn't click, instrument panels light BUT I can hear the CD player trying to load up even though the radio is off.

Now I have to climb the passenger seat to get in,so could I have kicked the under tray cover and dislodged something? I've checked the engine compartment fuses.

Ideas most welcome.

Dave

port30 8th April 2020 20:45

This happened to me on several occasions.
I simply lock car( while Sat in it)using fob.
Then unlock.Turn key ta-da it fires up.it s a v6 also mk1.
Fingers crossed.

MissMoppet 8th April 2020 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by port30 (Post 2804659)
This happened to me on several occasions.
I simply lock car( while Sat in it)using fob.
Then unlock.Turn key ta-da it fires up.it s a v6 also mk1.
Fingers crossed.

Spot on. Just tried it and it fired up. I must have knocked the locking button when getting me leg over. It was the CD trying to load up even though it was switched off that threw me.
Thanks ever so much.

Arctic 8th April 2020 21:39

Why are you climbing over the passenger seat to get in, does the driver door not open with the key or fob, as the actuator gone down ?

MissMoppet 9th April 2020 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2804672)
Why are you climbing over the passenger seat to get in, does the driver door not open with the key or fob, as the actuator gone down ?

Nothing so dramatic Steve. I drive the car into the garage bonnet first avoiding the freezer, sundry piles of wood that may come in handy one day, gas supply pipe which leaves me 10mm either side of the wing mirrows - then have to climb out via the passenger door, cocking me leg up over the hump. How I'm gonna do it when I'm 90 I do not know. Something else to worry about . . .

marinabrian 9th April 2020 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2804698)
Nothing so dramatic Steve. I drive the car into the garage bonnet first avoiding the freezer, sundry piles of wood that may come in handy one day, gas supply pipe which leaves me 10mm either side of the wing mirrows - then have to climb out via the passenger door, cocking me leg up over the hump. How I'm gonna do it when I'm 90 I do not know. Something else to worry about . . .

You could reverse it in, and next time make sure the CD player has Steppenwolf Born to be Wild cued up, and then you can be assured of getting your motor running, and heading out on the highway.

Brian :D

MissMoppet 9th April 2020 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2804701)
You could reverse it in, and next time make sure the CD player has Steppenwolf Born to be Wild cued up, and then you can be assured of getting your motor running, and heading out on the highway.

Brian :D

Or: "Ah me lads, ye shudda seen us gannin',
We pass'd the foaks alang the road just as they wor stannin';"

(I have a vivid recollection of watching them at White Hart Lane, when Jimmy Scoular flung a 60 yd pass across the field right to the feet of Bobby Mitchell, who then danced round his opponent . . .
And a Cup Final on TV when little Ernie Taylor backheeled to Wor Jackie who from a standing start smashed a 30 yarder into the top corner of the net.)

Sorry about that, got quite carried away for a moment.

COLVERT 9th April 2020 20:09

Sounds like you aught to be.----:smilie_re: Exit, here.