The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Big decision (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314400)

bigdaddystew 29th July 2021 20:24

Big decision

A difficult one..my son is buying a 4.8S v8 porche cayeene ..He has a 2009 Audi A6 3.0 supercharged sportsline quattro..he is going to trade it in for the Porche ..he has offered the Audi to me and he would trade in my Rover 75 facelift losing around 5 grand on the deal (impossible to keep both cars ) ..I am so attached to my Rover so find it difficult to decide :shrug: it's a 2.0 diesel in firefrost and pretty good condition with 74000 miles on it..very torn as the Audi is superb car in excellent condition and exceptional performance...all that said I think I am going to stick with my Rover..am I mad or what :shrug:

bl52krz 29th July 2021 20:40

My guess is hat the dealer will turn down the offe of the Rover. My son had a Rover 75 KV6 SE, and was going to get an Audi Q5. THe Audi Dealer said that he could not accept the Rover because it was to old to put on their forcourt, and it was to much trouble to send it to auction, and it was best to sell it privately. He offered it to me, and that is how I came by my second Rover. You can always try tho. Please let us know what happens. It will be interesting to say the least. And no you are not mad to keep the Rover.

xsport 29th July 2021 22:26

i would keep the rover. audi are nice cars but be prepared to put your hands deep into your pockets to keep it up to spec. ... :eek:

coolguy 30th July 2021 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGJohn (Post 2893474)
A 74,000 Diesel has to be a keeper. Low mileages like that with any diesels are rare.

But they are around if you are lucky. I have just picked up one with only 45,000 on the clock.

macafee2 30th July 2021 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddystew (Post 2893456)
A difficult one..my son is buying a 4.8S v8 porche cayeene ..He has a 2009 Audi A6 3.0 supercharged sportsline quattro..he is going to trade it in for the Porche ..he has offered the Audi to me and he would trade in my Rover 75 facelift losing around 5 grand on the deal (impossible to keep both cars ) ..I am so attached to my Rover so find it difficult to decide :shrug: it's a 2.0 diesel in firefrost and pretty good condition with 74000 miles on it..very torn as the Audi is superb car in excellent condition and exceptional performance...all that said I think I am going to stick with my Rover..am I mad or what :shrug:

I think the last part of what you have said speaks volumes "all that said I think I am going to stick with my Rover." There is more to a car then performance.
Once you beat the other car from the lights and get to the speed limit, what then? The top speed is not the fun, its getting there that is the fun.
What ever you decide I hope you dont regret the decision.
Very few of the cars I have gotten into and it is a lot via work, have I ever thought "this is nice"

macafee2

GJ53 DGO 30th July 2021 07:50

I can't think of a time that I have got out of either of my ZTs and not looked back and smiled, The wife has a 3.0V6 twin turbo Jaguar XF, stunning looks awesome performance and I never look around when parking it and leaving it, I always look back at my MGs.

AndyN01 30th July 2021 08:20

Take the Audi ONLY if you are prepared for regular bills that are more than the Rover is worth and potentially ones that will make your eyes water.

Do a bit of homework and see what stuff dies and/or needs replacing and at what cost. When I had the Passat I used this forum: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forum.php

I'd keep the Rover - but I'm biased :D

picky747 30th July 2021 09:50

You should be asking your son why he wants a re-badged VW unless it's for driving around Bowdon and Hale village!

kaiser 30th July 2021 14:22

An Audi without service plan is like jumping from an aeroplane without a parachute.

bigdaddystew 30th July 2021 15:08

Hi ..thanks for all your thoughts and opinions..much appreciated...at the end of the day I could not bring my heart around to getting rid of my Rover so she is staying with me..Its part of me and would be like getting rid of one of my family...I would definitely miss driving it and looking at it...In opinion they dont make cars like this any more....In the end my heart won..regards to all ..Stewart