The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BMW Service Reset- where did I put it? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297997)

HarryM1BYT 1st August 2019 13:55

BMW Service Reset- where did I put it?

I bought one remember using it and it worked, but where did I put it away?

Did I maybe give it away to anyone on here?

No problem. I read somewhere that TOAF can reset the service reminder - anyone know how please? I have the TOAF setup and working.

David Lawrence 1st August 2019 14:03

I too would like to know how to use TOAF for this. I plugged mine in and it Scanned the car ok but this was as far as i got. Looked complicated, so used my BMW scan tool instead.

vitesse 1st August 2019 15:03

Toaf reset is hidden in the IPK (IKE) section, under "others"

Regards

HarryM1BYT 1st August 2019 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2751832)
Toaf reset is hidden in the IPK (IKE) section, under "others"

Regards

Ta! Did anyone get around to writing some instruction for TOAF?

vitesse 1st August 2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2751843)
Ta! Did anyone get around to writing some instruction for TOAF?

Only a partial, I'd love to know more about it myself as there are lots of features I don't dare touch. I believe the Poles run Toaf workshops, would love to see them on youtube with a translation. Anyway here: https://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-zt-ro...-guide-846794/

Regards

HarryM1BYT 1st August 2019 21:45

Thanks, download and printed out for reference.

Rich in Vancouver 2nd August 2019 00:45

Good information!
I haven't had any luck using my BMW reset tool or the paperclip method
(I really don't like sticking bits of wire into the socket-seems like a recipe for disaster! :eek:)
I have TOAF working so will give that a go.
I agree it would really be nice to have some tutorials available. I know this may open up a 4 year old can of worms but I wouldn't mind paying a fee to access videos, or to buy a TOAF manual.
My alternative to TOAF was to buy 600 euros worth of software modules to get my ZT set up on my Blackbox diagnostics.

HarryM1BYT 2nd August 2019 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2752009)
I agree it would really be nice to have some tutorials available. I know this may open up a 4 year old can of worms but I wouldn't mind paying a fee to access videos, or to buy a TOAF manual.

There is a brief manual linked to above. 6 pages and as far as it goes, well written. Reading the comments on the site, it read as if the author might continue the work on the manual, but it seems, like TOAF itself, it was abandoned.

Rich in Vancouver 3rd August 2019 03:36

I have that download and it is a helpful reference but just scratches the surface.
It seems to be typical though. Blackbox doesn't publish any tutorials or instructions for their software, however they have a forum that their staff monitors and consistently reply to posts with accurate information.
Mind you they do charge for their software and hardware.

vitesse 25th August 2019 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2752025)
There is a brief manual linked to above. 6 pages and as far as it goes, well written. Reading the comments on the site, it read as if the author might continue the work on the manual, but it seems, like TOAF itself, it was abandoned.

Bit late posting a reply but read it while I was in Turkey with a lousy connection and then forgot, anyway …. some good news - Toaf is far from abandoned. A post on the Polish website in April this year by the Master himself states

“I'll get straight to the point. As the topic of TOAF development is not much happening - it's time to move on.

Current situation:
- There is currently version 0.5.0.51 to download - which everyone knows. Soon there will be a slightly improved version (adding support for several modules, window scaling, generally nothing interesting) in the beta version - as it is - and this version will no longer be developed.

So what in return?
- As the computer is "obsolete" and everything is now "smart" and more and more people have a multimedia station based on Android in their Rovers - the Android version of TOAF will be created”.

My own thoughts when I read of an Android version was great, I’ve a Xtrons Android unit in the car, with Torque Pro (mainly to monitor the coolant temp), that plus Toaf in the applications will make my Windows XP laptop redundant.

Hopefully more to follow.

Regards