The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Clutch slave (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296225)

Lee62 31st May 2019 20:21

Clutch slave

Hi, I have a 2002 75 diesel not cdti manual saloon. Only last year I replaced the clutch (a three part replacement). It was a little that included a metal bodied clutch slave cylinder. The usual failure is the seal which was the main reason I did the clutch. However only one year and less than 10k miles and the bearing is making a terrible noise. It was a horrible job to replace which included removal of the subframe. Are there any good slave cylinders out there?

trikey 31st May 2019 20:36

Luk are pretty good, far better than the metal ones.

COLVERT 1st June 2019 11:26

As Trikey says in the above post.

Do you ever drive with your foot touching the clutch pedal, even lightly ??

When at traffic lights do you sit with the pedal down and the car in gear ??

Both of these things will dramatically reduce the life of the slave cylinder on the R75.

Jamiewelch 1st June 2019 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee62 (Post 2737265)
Hi, I have a 2002 75 diesel not cdti manual saloon. Only last year I replaced the clutch (a three part replacement). It was a little that included a metal bodied clutch slave cylinder. The usual failure is the seal which was the main reason I did the clutch. However only one year and less than 10k miles and the bearing is making a terrible noise. It was a horrible job to replace which included removal of the subframe. Are there any good slave cylinders out there?

Stay away from the metal slaves, replaced mine today, it was fitted alongside an AP clutch prior to my ownership. It has been in the car less than 2K miles and the bearing is screwed, horrible and rough. Car now has one of matts OEM-Q slaves in and the pedal feels very nice, nice and light too!

COLVERT 2nd June 2019 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee62 (Post 2737265)

Lee, when you ask for help it's a good idea to come back and look at the answers to your question.---:shrug:

Lee62 8th June 2019 08:26

A bit new to this.

Thanks for all of the replies.
I don't rest my foot on the clutch and I usually put my handbrake on and slip into neutral with my foot off the clutch when stationary.

Lee62 8th June 2019 08:32

Matt's slaves.

Where can I get one of "Matt's OEM Slave cylinders and how much are they?
The clutch is certainly something that reduces the pleasure of driving my 75. I have changed every part of the system and am now starting on replacing the replacements.:duh::duh:

another_clean_sheet 8th June 2019 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee62 (Post 2739150)
The clutch is certainly something that reduces the pleasure of driving my 75. I have changed every part of the system and am now starting on replacing the replacements.:duh::duh:

Look in "Traders Shops" and Matt trades under DMGRS

Jamiewelch 8th June 2019 08:41

Quote:

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...der-uub100194t

I now have the OEM-Q one fitted. Was fitted by tom force while I did some electrical things one his personal car :-)

MSS 8th June 2019 08:46

Quote:

There is no such thing as "Matt's OEM Slave Cylinder". The OEM cylinder was an AP unit and he has a few old stock AP cylinders for sale.

You have to make a decision as to whether to buy a slave that will be 12+ years old already or a new LuK one. I would go for the latter rather than bying one with 12+ year old seals.