The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tony Banks exhausts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317307)

robbrooks 17th January 2022 13:42

Tony Banks exhausts

I have bitten the bullet and gone for a Stainless steel exhaust. Not only that I've been quoted £299 with a shiny chrome tail piece. After hopefully fixing my sunroof leaks I thought she deserved it.

Tony Banks says he fits Rover exhausts every 3 days, so he must know most of you on here. Not only did I fall lucky with the deal, he fitted me in today- he said he'd had a person cancel having tested positive for COVID. He also mentioned that he had no alternative slots until February /March, which proves they are very busy. Anyone else had their exhaust fitted here in Leeds. He was familiar with the club and showed me a picture of someone's shiny and fitted tail piece? If someone can guide me I will post a picture of mine when complete! Well pleased about the service and deal - I felt because I was in the club I got a special treatment!
:smilie_re:

Bob Walker 17th January 2022 13:56

Yes me!

Hi Rob
Yes, had mine made and fitted about three years ago, fantastic! Not too noisy in the cabin and everyone comments on it when I drive up! He also fixed a colleagues very expensive rear silencer valves for a fraction of the price of the Jaguar quote!
Bob

trikey 17th January 2022 14:09

I’ve had two done by Tony, one for Debs old ZT and another copy of the same pipe so I could ship it to a member in Holland!

The guys there really know what they are doing, I think my gold diesel will be going there in the summer for the same treatment.

VVC-Geeza 17th January 2022 15:11

Yes,had mine done just under 2 weeks ago.It was me who pointed you towards him Rob.

Very professional,quality work at an excellent price.They also did the one on my 45 about 5 years ago.

LotusLC 17th January 2022 16:23

My daughter Lydia has just had her car to Tony Banks but had to wait 8 weeks . He was really busy when we picked the car up.

maxi_crawf 20th January 2022 16:57

I had a stainless cat-back fitted to my 190 by Tony Banks about 3-4 years ago, well worth the investment, pay once, never do it again.

robbrooks 20th January 2022 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2916828)
Yes,had mine done just under 2 weeks ago.It was me who pointed you towards him Rob.

Very professional,quality work at an excellent price.They also did the one on my 45 about 5 years ago.

Thanks VVC - so glad I had it done. Even wife commented that its quieter and less vibration. Makes so much difference from a cheepo exhaust! Well worth it. Its so solid!
According to buy any car .com. My exhaust is now worth twice the value of the car at £150. Stupid and darn right insulting for my car!
:}

robbrooks 20th January 2022 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusLC (Post 2916841)
My daughter Lydia has just had her car to Tony Banks but had to wait 8 weeks . He was really busy when we picked the car up.

Yes I was very lucky going along and getting it done so quickly. He said I would have to wait 2 hours so I collected the next day!

maxi_crawf 21st January 2022 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbrooks (Post 2917292)
Thanks VVC - so glad I had it done. Even wife commented that its quieter and less vibration. Makes so much difference from a cheepo exhaust! Well worth it. Its so solid!
According to buy any car .com. My exhaust is now worth twice the value of the car at £150. Stupid and darn right insulting for my car!
:}

You won't regret it :}

Yorkshire GOC 22nd January 2022 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2917265)
I had a stainless cat-back fitted to my 190 by Tony Banks about 3-4 years ago, well worth the investment, pay once, never do it again.

What does it sound like ?:}