The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Loan ideas anyone? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183587)

Andydote 14th May 2014 09:30

Loan ideas anyone?

I have been looking for a small loan to pay off all my outstanding debts and have 1 payment at a reasonable APR.

Sadly, due to my financial behaviour 5+ years ago my credit file currently looks a bit......red.

I'm all above board now. Have a great job on a good salary. I pay all my bills and don't miss anything, but the usual loan providers all say no.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't need debt management because I can afford my bills, but I'd like to close my 2 credit cards and an old catalogue because they are all around the 34.9% mark.

strambo 14th May 2014 09:45

Nationwide are doing a good deal on balance transfers, at the moment, 0 pr cent for 18 months. Available on line, get it cut it up pay it off asap. I've just done the same

Alan.F 14th May 2014 09:52

From my experience you will be lucky to get a loan for any less than 30-35% APR the worse you credit history is the more they rip you off.

FLYER 14th May 2014 10:21

Frankly your going to struggle .

The reason these rip off swines have blossomed is down to folk having no other option.

Sorry to be negative.:getmecoat:

lennox123 14th May 2014 10:39

Try your local credit union.

sikelsh 14th May 2014 11:32

Also, dont keep applying as it will drive your rating down even further.

MG Tom 14th May 2014 11:46

Your best bet is to overpay the highest APR debt as much as possible each month, even if it means putting the odd tank of fuel of food shop back on it, as even a couple of hundred a month will make a significant difference to the interest repayments.

Its a **** situation though. Sit tight for a few months, don't apply for anything else. Get copies of all your credit reports and check for mistakes. :)

klarzy 14th May 2014 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andydote (Post 1674645)
I have been looking for a small loan to pay off all my outstanding debts and have 1 payment at a reasonable APR.

Sadly, due to my financial behaviour 5+ years ago my credit file currently looks a bit......red.

I'm all above board now. Have a great job on a good salary. I pay all my bills and don't miss anything, but the usual loan providers all say no.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't need debt management because I can afford my bills, but I'd like to close my 2 credit cards and an old catalogue because they are all around the 34.9% mark.

I have some.... experience in this... sadly

My advice.. don't get a loan to pay a loan, consolidation as it is called is compounding your issue and will make it more expensive and more difficult to clear your record.

As you have been turned down the companies that will offer you will put truly extortionate interest charges onto of what ever you have..

I did the same some years ago and borrows 14k to get out of debt I thought... after sitting back and thinking, a payment of 275 per month for 20 years is not helping me achieve that.

no 1 advice. never get a loan outside of a mortgage.
no 2 advice, never have a credit card unless you can pay back the card totally before the end of the month.
no 3 advice, swallow hard, tighten the belt and pay as much as you can back through regular payments, borrowing more unless at a significantly lower interest rate than you have now will only line the lenders pocket and leave you in debt for longer.

I still feel the pain, I would hate for another to follow...;)

Astraeus 14th May 2014 21:41

Painful

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1674745)
I have some.... experience in this... sadly

My advice.. don't get a loan to pay a loan, consolidation as it is called is compounding your issue and will make it more expensive and more difficult to clear your record.

As you have been turned down the companies that will offer you will put truly extortionate interest charges onto of what ever you have..

I did the same some years ago and borrows 14k to get out of debt I thought... after sitting back and thinking, a payment of 275 per month for 20 years is not helping me achieve that.

no 1 advice. never get a loan outside of a mortgage.
no 2 advice, never have a credit card unless you can pay back the card totally before the end of the month.
no 3 advice, swallow hard, tighten the belt and pay as much as you can back through regular payments, borrowing more unless at a significantly lower interest rate than you have now will only line the lenders pocket and leave you in debt for longer.

I still feel the pain, I would hate for another to follow...;)

Don't borrow more! This not an easy situation..I know from past experience too.

No easy answer I' m afraid.

Chris