The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dashboard anti theft alarm indicator light (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34965)

KLM 18th March 2009 22:45

Dashboard anti theft alarm indicator light

I've noticed the anti theft alarm indicator light is not lighting up when I lock the car with the key fob.
What can the problem be?
Could it be a fuse somewhere? or is it likely to be the led light on the dash - I'm assuming all models of the 75 had this indicator light.
Hope you can advise
Thanks
KLM

Phil 19th March 2009 00:01

Do the hazards still flash when you lock/unlock? I'm not sure if the alarm led is covered by the gauge test but it could even be a blown led in the cluster?

KLM 19th March 2009 10:10

yes the hazards still function as normal when locking and unlocking the car. It's just that small dash led light that won't light up.

KLM

Greeners 19th March 2009 12:44

Try a battery reset (sat nav and radio codes), as the BCU may have got it's knickers in a twist

KLM 10th March 2013 00:21

4 years later I found out the previous owner had simply had it switched off during a T4 session. :confused:
I found out during a T4 with Big Russ last week.:getmecoat:
KLM.

checo 1st December 2013 05:04

I have exactly the same problem, my dash led alarm indicator don't flash so I think it's off via T4, but as I live in Mexico City it's impossible to access to a T4, is there another way -scanner or computer- to access to that options?
Regards.

KLM 1st December 2013 11:37

Hi the only way is to buy another ECU unit for you R75 model from one of the T4 wizards on the forum here.
They would set it up to your chosen specification and mail it to you. For you to install.
Costly perhaps, but I can't think of any other option.

Best of luck anyhow.

Kevin.

mantianak 1st December 2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by checo (Post 1500094)
I have exactly the same problem, my dash led alarm indicator don't flash so I think it's off via T4, but as I live in Mexico City it's impossible to access to a T4, is there another way -scanner or computer- to access to that options?
Regards.

I think Free Lander use the same T4 system but just have a different CD to run with. If you find a Free Lander dealer or garage they might be able to help you.

mantianak 1st December 2013 16:01

Question for KLM. When you say it was deactivated, do you mean the alarm system or just the led on the dash? Did you ever manage to get the alarm to sound before?

KLM 1st December 2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantianak (Post 1500540)
Question for KLM. When you say it was deactivated, do you mean the alarm system or just the led on the dash? Did you ever manage to get the alarm to sound before?

The whole alarm system had been deactivated.
Old guy that had owned the car before me was possibly old school and had set the system off in error on a past occassion. :o
All up and running now since Big Russ reset it up again.

Kevin.