The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   clearing the house (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302074)

macafee2 12th January 2020 16:21

clearing the house

My wife wants to clear the house of things we no longer want.... well she does not want :) There is stuff of mine that although not very attached to I'd not sell unless pushed and I've been pushed:}

Wife has been photographing and advertising on ebay. She did not know how much stuff I had:eek:. She has spent days at the computer creating adverts and wrapping parcels and has barely scratched the surface selling my stuff:D With most of my stuff in the loft or a cupboard the house will look no different, the biggest thing that has gone is a hostess trolley bought 35 years ago at a Scout auction for just 1 meal.

There are many more days to come with her taking photos and sitting at the computer with me getting her cups of tea every hour.

macafee2

reworht 13th January 2020 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2786227)
My wife wants to clear the house of things we no longer want.... well she does not want :) There is stuff of mine that although not very attached to I'd not sell unless pushed and I've been pushed:}

Wife has been photographing and advertising on ebay. She did not know how much stuff I had:eek:. She has spent days at the computer creating adverts and wrapping parcels and has barely scratched the surface selling my stuff:D With most of my stuff in the loft or a cupboard the house will look no different, the biggest thing that has gone is a hostess trolley bought 35 years ago at a Scout auction for just 1 meal.

There are many more days to come with her taking photos and sitting at the computer with me getting her cups of tea every hour.

macafee2

Don't drop your guard - you may get listed yourself :D

Odd Job 13th January 2020 09:31

Isn't it strange, when our other halves decide to have a clear out, it's usually our stuff that gets selected for going? :eek:

SCP440 13th January 2020 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2786347)
Isn't it strange, when our other halves decide to have a clear out, it's usually our stuff that gets selected for going? :eek:

Yes that is strange, I get told I have to many clothes. She has 3 or 4 times as many as me and more arrive every week. Apparently I don't understand?

I suggested last year she get of rid of some of her clothes that she didn't ware any more, what a mistake that was. Even more arrived a few weeks later and more shopping trips as '' she had nothing to ware''.

You have to love them.

Also why do they have a hate of cobwebs? They do nobody any harm apart from stray insects but we can be watching the TV and the next thing I know she is diving off for the webber. :eek:

Discofan 14th January 2020 06:46

We are building a new bungalow and will be putting our current house on the market in the spring. After 20 years we need a big clearout pre sale. Not looking forward to that process :duh:

MarkS 14th January 2020 07:04

1) Try a wife swapping party. If you advertise here, you might get a few good Rover spares in the swap.
2) If you can't face that, sell the computer ; that'll slow her down !

While on topic, anybody want an old ball and chain ? Reason for sale : Unwilling to clean the washer bottle on a R75.

planenut 14th January 2020 08:13

I have tons of items from those that "will come in handy one day" to the split hiking boots that no longer stay together after the third use of Gorilla glue. One of the excuses I use for not thinking about moving house is that it will take years to clear the garage and loft. Of the numerous items I have listed for sale, only about 5% actually sell. I am allergic to dumping stuff.

I think it is good to have an independent view, i.e a spouse or partner.