The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Touchscreen partially responsive (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268140)

MikeHurley 29th May 2017 16:05

Touchscreen partially responsive

Has anyone else had issues with Navall unit screen being non responsive in areas and managed to repair touch sensitivity?

I've seen on YouTube where some guys appear to torn down the units to screen and reheated edge adhesive and touch sensitivity returns.

It's just a shame after such large investment in Navall 2 unit it's like faulty with no redress. Anyone on the forum electronically competent to give sound cost effective advice please.

Mike

Ennine 29th May 2017 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHurley (Post 2499201)
Has anyone else had issues with Navall unit screen being non responsive in areas and managed to repair touch sensitivity?

I've seen on YouTube where some guys appear to torn down the units to screen and reheated edge adhesive and touch sensitivity returns.

It's just a shame after such large investment in Navall 2 unit it's like faulty with no redress. Anyone on the forum electronically competent to give sound cost effective advice please.

Mike

I have exactly the same issue on my very little used Nav II, bottom half of screen non responsive.Died last week. I'm in the process of removing it from the car for further investigation. I will certainly not be using youtube as a source of (often) very dubious remedies.

Nige

MikeHurley 29th May 2017 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennine (Post 2499238)
I have exactly the same issue on my very little used Nav II, bottom half of screen non responsive.Died last week. I'm in the process of removing it from the car for further investigation. I will certainly not be using youtube as a source of (often) very dubious remedies.

Nige

Keep us updated on your removal investigations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ennine 30th May 2017 09:24

I've been exchanging email with Sean over the past few days and exchanged a couple more last evening. Sean really wants to take a look at this machine so I've decided to send it off to him. As it's only just been removed from the car it's not a major issue to pack it up and get it off to Jeff. I'll post up the results in due course,

Nige

coolcat 30th May 2017 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennine (Post 2499452)
I've been exchanging email with Sean over the past few days and exchanged a couple more last evening. Sean really wants to take a look at this machine so I've decided to send it off to him. As it's only just been removed from the car it's not a major issue to pack it up and get it off to Jeff. I'll post up the results in due course,

Nige

I'll keep you posted once it has arrived Nige.

Mike, why not get in touch with Sean and see if we can assist Sir?:}

MikeHurley 6th June 2017 10:55

I think I will get in contact and like yourself remove the thing and leave an expert give it the once over, as it seems to the top Right Hand quadrant of my screen is dead.

Ennine 6th June 2017 14:45

Considering that Jeff knows the devices. has the facilities and most importantly ( I would assume) has access to spares it's a logical route to take. If (for example) the screen requires replacement where does one source a new one from?
I'm holding back to see what the result is but returning to a single din is an option I am keeping open. It's a confidence issue really. I suppose I may have just been an unlucky one but the Nav wore me down. I reinstalled a new stand-alone dashcam after so many drop-outs by the Nav left me worried that if push came to shove it would fail at the wrong moment. It does seem that maybe I have been the exception rather than the rule. As Sean has said, he'd not still be in business if it was the rule.

Nige

freddie 6th June 2017 15:44

Almost the same problem but mines the top half of the screen.

mystabe 6th June 2017 16:17

If it's Navall 2's the last I heard is that new screens aren't available. In my experience this happens a lot with 2' and 3's and trust me when I last had one in the car I was in the Lake District where everything has a LL postcode, pushing L did nothing and it was so utterly frustrating if I could have ripped the damn thing out and launched it into Windermere I would have :mad:

My life is a much happier place with a Symphony back in the car and a mobile phone telling me where to go/providing some tunes.

freddie 6th June 2017 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystabe (Post 2502683)
If it's Navall 2's the last I heard is that new screens aren't available. In my experience this happens a lot with 2' and 3's and trust me when I last had one in the car I was in the Lake District where everything has a LL postcode, pushing L did nothing and it was so utterly frustrating if I could have ripped the damn thing out and launched it into Windermere I would have :mad:

My life is a much happier place with a Symphony back in the car and a mobile phone telling me where to go/providing some tunes.

Mines a 2 cant change even the fm channel stuck on fm1.
Cant locate menu as its on the top of the screen.