The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: London & The South (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Meets during 2020 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303729)

harrisop48 22nd March 2020 16:39

Meets during 2020

Hi All,

In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic and subsequent Government advice concerning Social Gatherings, together with Pub and Restaurant closures we will not have any Meets in this area for the next Four months.
The Clandon Classic Car Show has been cancelled. The Ugly Duckling and Frimley venues are Closed.
I hope you all come through this Pandemic unscathed. Be careful out there,

Peter.

Raven Black 23rd March 2020 21:43

Meets

Gutted as I'm sure we all are. We'll meet again not sure how, not sure when....to paraphrase the great Dame Vera

FLYING BANANA 23rd March 2020 21:49

Best to be safe than sorry. We’ll have a great reunion one day. Till then my friends keep safe.

Teflon 23rd March 2020 21:55

A shame, but sadly necessary. On the positive side, I reckon the next breakfast meet will be the best ever, whenever it happens.

Stay safe everyone,

Cliff

Raven Black 24th March 2020 20:25

Awful

News, such a shame. Could we not try to arrange a sort of meet in an open space and bring our own picnics?

BRG75 25th March 2020 06:56

I had thought about this (admittedly for the South East) but I think even that contravenes the government advice / orders.

Additionally, if somehow photos got into the local press, bad PR.

And on this occasion, I think bad PR would stick, as bad PR.

Sorry to put another dampener on the situation, but as Teflon reflects, our next one(s) are likely to be pretty big.

Mike

planenut 25th March 2020 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnorris (Post 2801255)
News, such a shame. Could we not try to arrange a sort of meet in an open space and bring our own picnics?

Certainly a "work round" that I have discussed with others, and even my neighbour. I will phone her, she will open the garden gate, I will attend with my own drink and chair and we will sit about three yards apart and use our own cup therefore will take everything away again. My sister is doing this over the garden fence.

Even though we all can keep our distance, we all should weigh up the situation each time.

Gate Keeper 25th March 2020 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2801321)
Certainly a "work round" that I have discussed with others, and even my neighbour. I will phone her, she will open the garden gate, I will attend with my own drink and chair and we will sit about three yards apart and use our own cup therefore will take everything away again. My sister is doing this over the garden fence.

Even though we all can keep our distance, we all should weigh up the situation each time.

Hi Fred, highly commendable for you to come up with this forward thinking plan:bowdown::bowdown:

If that doesn't come off because of the regulations, how about a 'Live stream group' using WhatsApp/Messenger/Face Time with people connecting through the use of their smart phones, the phones camera and screens. Not ideal and may not appeal to anyone? I am a member of a WhatsApp reprobates support mon ami group which meets almost every day by text or by video. The group consists of car enthusiasts, members of the OC who no longer visit, but all very good friends. There is no moderation and it survives :}:} It can work ;)

Raven Black 25th March 2020 18:40

Technology

Hi Gate keeper, impressed to hear you are so up technologically. I am hopeless, still haven’t learned how to upload photos on the site.

Best regards,

Jennifer, now on 2 months unpaid leave and all the shops shut and air travel closed down!

ADO282 29th July 2020 09:31

Just out of curiosity, will there be any meetings in August or September?

Provided I can sort out the issues the old girl has, I'd be interested in attending a meet or two.

Chris