The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   17 years (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288000)

steveo 11th September 2018 06:50

17 years

Hi all
It's 17 years today since 9/11

To all the people who lost their lives on this day RIP
To all the families that lost loved ones God bless you all
Kind regards
Steve

steve-45 11th September 2018 07:38

I remember it clearly, 17 years has just flown past ....

willshot 11th September 2018 07:46

Remember it well. I was on holiday in Spain and saw it initially on a tiny TV in a Spanish shop and wondered what was happening. Saw the full disaster when I got back to the villa. Appalling loss of so many innocent lives.

Nick Greg 11th September 2018 08:17

It was 3 days before I was supposed to go to Hong Kong on a works visit. Bosses tried to persuade me not to but refused as that's exactly what the terrorists would have wanted. Went anyway, security very heavy at Manchester, less so coming back. Visited the 9/11 museum in New York last year on a holiday there and also a fire station near central park where they lost 9 of their firemen, the Yorkville 9. Lovely guys, we were made most welcome. They even have a fire station cat called Carlo so we took him some treats. Little beggar was hiding somewhere though so didn't actually meet him

FLYING BANANA 11th September 2018 08:18

We was on holiday in Wales when we walked into a pub, as you do, and saw it on the big screen telly. I thought it was a new disaster film, but the landlord told us what it was.

Nick Greg 11th September 2018 08:33

few photos

6 Attachment(s)
Few photos from last year 3 from Yorkville Fire Station and some from 9/11 museum. The photo of the twin towers is inside the museum and was taken 15 minutes before the first plane collided with Tower 1

stevestrat 11th September 2018 08:40

I was at work, supervisor on the railway. One of the drivers came in and told us what was on the telly in the messroom so we put the TV/Video that was used for showing training films on in the office. Hard to believe what we were watching was real.

BoroRover 11th September 2018 09:50

Flew home from the US hours before the attack happened. I think a lot of " what if's", a different airport, a different take off time, a different airline....

God Bless all that were affected by that awful day.

kaiser 11th September 2018 10:02

9/11 was the biggest insurance scam and bank robbery in history.
Building 7 collapsed without being touched!
Witnesses heard sounds as if the building was demolished with explosives.
More to the story than what is officially told.
One thing for sure, it changed our lives forever and heralded the arrival of the modern police state.

Nick Greg 11th September 2018 10:10

I sincerely hope this thread doesn't end up filled with conspiracy theories. Those who died did so as a result of a plane(s) crashing into a building. And those who went to help did so without fear. I think our remeberances today should recognize those who lost their lives and nothing else