The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   If there was an 'Idiot of the Month' award - I'd have won it (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11828)

Tatts 15th November 2007 10:32

If there was an 'Idiot of the Month' award - I'd have won it

GreyGhost 15th November 2007 10:51

That'll teach you to clean the windows last. :D

Seriously, what a shame, that could really ruin your day. Hope it doesn't take too long to dry out.

empsburna 15th November 2007 10:53

Ouch.

I'd pop to a hardware store for some crystals that will suck the moisture out of the air.

(oh, and avoid pledge inside the car, apart from a sticky dash it will leave a nice film on the windows)

Tatts 15th November 2007 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by empsburna (Post 106927)
Ouch.

I'd pop to a hardware store for some crystals that will suck the moisture out of the air.

(oh, and avoid pledge inside the car, apart from a sticky dash it will leave a nice film on the windows)

It doesn't get near the windows, thats why they were down. Spray it onto a cloth for doing the dash etc

Raistlin 15th November 2007 10:58

Tatts.

The crystals referred to are silica Gel.

If you find the car seems to remain stubbornly damp, let me know and I'll send you some silica Gel packs, the big commercial size :)

Our stores throws them away by the ton.

In fact, I have a couple in my spare wheel well to keep the boot dry.

ragitty 15th November 2007 11:05

what a good idea paul, I will do the same with my car, if I remember Tatts I will throw a silica gel tray in the car when I get to work on friday and bring it up for you at the meet on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about your mishap but it did make me :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

BigRuss 15th November 2007 11:05

I've done similar in the past so you're not on your own.

Luckily enough, it's got two days to dry out before the meet.(Good job it wasn't Saturday morning would have been a lot worse.)

Going to wash mine later if possible, will be making sure everythings shut!!

Russ

empsburna 15th November 2007 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatts (Post 106929)
It doesn't get near the windows, thats why they were down. Spray it onto a cloth for doing the dash etc

I know that, but it will actually attract more dust and grime.

empsburna 15th November 2007 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 106930)

The crystals referred to are silica Gel.

Those are the fella's.

When I do a full interior detail with a wet/dry vac we leave them under seats and on the rear shelf.

Should stop the rear windscreen steaming up too!

Tatts 15th November 2007 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by empsburna (Post 106933)
I know that, but it will actually attract more dust and grime.

Ah, but.... For a final touch, I go over all the plastic with a used 'Bounce' sheet. It supposidly leaves an anti-static layer behind it. Dunno if it's true though!

I do the inside very often anyway, hate an untidy car!