The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Interested in a MG Zt 190 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290926)

janker 11th December 2018 19:16

Interested in a MG Zt 190

Hi everyone
always wanted one of these but im just looking around what is available,I look at the forums quite regular but always seem to miss them.

What are the thoughts on this car please,Take it easy with me lol.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...0?modal=photos

thanks julian

marinabrian 11th December 2018 19:28

Based upon the colour alone I'm out, especially as the wheels have been painted in the same hue.

These are very much an acquired taste, but this one tastes of nothing in particular.

One of the main benefits of MG ownership are the array of nice colours they were available in new, this is not one of those colours, it makes the car appear dreary.

In all seriousness the 190 is a fragile beast, and you will need deep pockets to own and run one.

Brian :D

minimutly 11th December 2018 19:41

With greatest and deepest respect to Brian, he's talking tosh.
Colour is colour, and up to you.
As for fragile and needing deep pockets? Well once you've done the cambelts and waterpump, replaced the o rings on the t stat and tied the large coolant pipes together to stop them moving around that's it - no worse than any other.
Unless of course you're talking about economy, in which case its no worse than a 1.8 turbo.
Best of all you can stick an lpg kit on it:xmas-smiley-008:

trikey 11th December 2018 19:50

I suspect that one has had an issue with dampness in the cabin, the seats look a little crinkly!

marinabrian 11th December 2018 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimutly (Post 2693730)
As for fragile and needing deep pockets? Well once you've done the cambelts and waterpump, replaced the o rings on the t stat and tied the large coolant pipes together to stop them moving around that's it - no worse than any other.
Unless of course you're talking about economy, in which case its no worse than a 1.8 turbo.

Lol, economy no worse than an 1800 turbo, in your dreams perhaps Huw :icon_lol: come to think of it I'd rather own an 1800 turbo, because they are considerably sprightlier than a 190.

Anyway as I said there are actual colours to choose from, not everyone want's to look like John Major :p:

How about this one LINK which is a Mk1 and looks considerably meaner and much more the part than the Mk2 "Pegasso Fire engine"

Ravinder 11th December 2018 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimutly (Post 2693730)

1800 turbo definitely better on fuel then V6 and more interesting to drive. Plenty of torque throughout the rev range unlike V6 and for a couple of hundred, it can be remapped to 200bhp which would all over a V6. :xmas-smiley-008:

keithst24 11th December 2018 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2693751)
1800 turbo definitely better on fuel then V6 and more interesting to drive. Plenty of torque throughout the rev range unlike V6 and for a couple of hundred, it can be remapped to 200bhp which would all over a V6. :xmas-smiley-008:

Or have one of each ��

bluebird 11th December 2018 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithst24 (Post 2693752)
Or have one of each 😁

We have!

And the 1.8 is without a doubt the nicest variant to drive.

Eddy600 11th December 2018 20:53

You're on to a winner apparently its had its three timing chains replaced at the mg plant :icon_lol:

janker 11th December 2018 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2693741)
Lol, economy no worse than an 1800 turbo, in your dreams perhaps Huw :icon_lol: come to think of it I'd rather own an 1800 turbo, because they are considerably sprightlier than a 190.

Anyway as I said there are actual colours to choose from, not everyone want's to look like John Major :p:

How about this one LINK which is a Mk1 and looks considerably meaner and much more the part than the Mk2 "Pegasso Fire engine"

Cheers Marinabrian
Yes agree it looks much nicer more of what i was looking for
I know this is a old car with low mileage but can i expect many problems with a car of this age? as after doing my own clutch on my 75 diesel i really dont want another similar issue.