The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Peter Baker (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=325858)

FLYING BANANA 8th October 2023 17:33

Peter Baker

I have just received a phone call from Peter Baker to say he is in hospital having suffered a serious stroke. Peter used to attend various meets in his Royal Blue Tourer. He sold the Tourer as his children had bought him a brand new MG HS. And he did attend a few breakfast meets at the Ugly Duckling in Denham Bucks. These meets were organised by the late Peter Harrison.

If anyone remembers Peter Baker and would like to chat with him, to cheer him up then drop me a pm and I’ll pass his mobile number on.

Peter, if you reading this then Get Well Soon my friend. Next time I’m in London I’ll pop round and see you.

Raven Black 8th October 2023 20:03

Peter

So sorry to hear this, had many chats with Peter at our meets. I know how much he missed his rover, please let me have his number so can call him. Thanks Paul for letting us know.
All the best, Jennifer

FLYING BANANA 8th October 2023 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Black (Post 2980466)
So sorry to hear this, had many chats with Peter at our meets. I know how much he missed his rover, please let me have his number so can call him. Thanks Paul for letting us know.
All the best, Jennifer

Who is this Paul?

I’ll pm you Peters number.

planenut 9th October 2023 05:36

Thanks Bob. I hope Peter has a good recovery,
Fred (planenut)

Raven Black 9th October 2023 09:20

Peter

Just had a long chat with Peter, he was very glad to have a talk. He is in hospital supposed to be having rehab but is frustrated it is going so slowly.

Thanks Bob for sending me his number. He is very pleased to receive a call.

Thanks Jennifer

Gate Keeper 9th October 2023 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2980451)
I have just received a phone call from Peter Baker to say he is in hospital having suffered a serious stroke. Peter used to attend various meets in his Royal Blue Tourer. He sold the Tourer as his children had bought him a brand new MG HS. And he did attend a few breakfast meets at the Ugly Duckling in Denham Bucks. These meets were organised by the late Peter Harrison.

If anyone remembers Peter Baker and would like to chat with him, to cheer him up then drop me a pm and I’ll pass his mobile number on.

Peter, if you reading this then Get Well Soon my friend. Next time I’m in London I’ll pop round and see you.

Thank you Bob for the alert, by all means drop me his number as I have met Peter several times over the years and I know what it is like to be in hospital and not to receive any visitors or phone calls, it’s miserable.

You are from the old school when you would visit a member who is sick in hospital or down on their luck. You and a couple other members of this club are to be admired for doing the right thing.

Gate Keeper 9th October 2023 14:27

In follow up, I spoke with Peter for 35 minutes. He made a note of who I was, Banana Bob, Jennifer and one other called whose name he didn’t get. Peter is an inpatient on a special unit for the next 4 weeks for post stroke rehabilitation and physio.

Of note: he derives inspiration from reading Bobs monthly blogs, so Bob please do keep at it. When Peter is well he lives near Wanstead start of M11, an interesting chap who fortunately has not had his speech effected. But what has happened to him is life changing, so lets encourage and support him, thank you.

BRG75 10th October 2023 12:39

Hi Bob,

Please send me Peter's number, to add to the calls he will receive.

Regards

Mike

Raven Black 10th October 2023 13:42

Brg

Hi Mike,
When I spoke to Peter the other day I mentioned you and told him you had a similar experience. I don't know if you ever met him, but I know he will be glad to hear from you.
I do hope you and Jan are both well.

All the best Jennifer

trikey 10th October 2023 18:16

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk