The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   What a plonker (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268049)

RPWC 27th May 2017 20:02

What a plonker

Me that is,I forgot to shut the rooflight before we left this morning,when we got to Chester it had gone .:duh: so currently have a sheet of thick plastic sheet duck taped to the roof to keep the rain out.:eek:

klarzy 27th May 2017 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2498396)
Me that is,I forgot to shut the rooflight before we left this morning,when we got to Chester it had gone .:duh: so currently have a sheet of thick plastic sheet duck taped to the roof to keep the rain out.:eek:

its a caravan so it will never rain while you are using it... :getmecoat:

75RogP 27th May 2017 21:50

Give me a call if you need a hand to fit the new one.

Georgies Dad 28th May 2017 07:11

You could always sleep holding an umbrella:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

HarryM1BYT 28th May 2017 07:44

Our big tilt and slide roof has caught me out a few times, my failing to latch it. It can only be me, because she cannot reach it to latch it. When not latched down, suction of passing vehicles raises it, then just braking or going down hill it can slide to fully open. Luckily, it has never rained when it has slid open, so the inside has never got wet.

I wrote, printed and laminated a full departure check list which I put in Jean's hand. She reads them off, I confirm they have been done.

12 months ago I pulled away with the jockey wheel still down. I only noticed when its tyre popped.

anddyy 28th May 2017 08:59

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that forgets to close roof vents and to raise the jockey wheel (half moon shaped now):duh:, i feel normal now :D

reworht 28th May 2017 11:14

At least no-one has imitated me - and forgot to check that the hitch was FULLY on the tow ball. If nowt else, it proved that the breakway system DOES work - and replacement cables are quite cheap :o

HarryM1BYT 28th May 2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 2498646)
At least no-one has imitated me - and forgot to check that the hitch was FULLY on the tow ball. If nowt else, it proved that the breakway system DOES work - and replacement cables are quite cheap :o

Another way to need a new breakaway cable, is to unhook, forget to take off the breakaway cable, apply the caravan's handbrake and drive forward a short distance. Ask me how I know :duh:

RPWC 28th May 2017 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2498683)
Another way to need a new breakaway cable, is to unhook, forget to take off the breakaway cable, apply the caravan's handbrake and drive forward a short distance. Ask me how I know :duh:

Done that a few times too

Lancpudn 28th May 2017 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2498396)

Thats a bummer Rich, Is it the toilet rooflight! reminds me of a Les Dawson joke. :D

“The other day I was gazing up at the sky in awe, I watched the waxing moon ride across the zenith of the heavens like an ambered chariot towards the ebony void of infinite space. Wherein the tethered belts of Jupiter & Mars hang forever festooned in their orbital majesty. a purple vault fretted with a million points of light twinkling in wondrous formation, while shooting stars streaked across the heavens, and I thought: I really must repair the roof on this toilet.”