The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Next....So who reads??? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172430)

whitevanman 3rd February 2014 10:26

Next....So who reads???

With two young kids I don't get a lot of time to read, but probably manage a book a month, I tend to read factual & historical stuff but fancied something a bit different and this was in the chip shop.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...psfec38058.jpg

Anybody read it??
Steve

Mark2000cc 3rd February 2014 10:35

I tend to read a lot of autobiographys of people that have had a interesting and varied life, just finished harry redknapps and found it really good about his court case and antidotes on what goes on in the dressing room!

sikelsh 3rd February 2014 10:37

My biggest frustration is not reading, I keep trying, but then don't find the time for a couple of days, and then the book never gets picked up again :(

Borg Warner 3rd February 2014 10:38

Blagged a copy of The Cruel Sea yesterday at an antiques market, based I believe on the author's experiences. The film rates as one of my favourites so will be interesting to contrast the two.

Am currently reading the History of the Battleship, have a fascination with naval matters in particular (having lost a relative when HMS Hood was lost in 1941 so something close to my heart) but military history in general.

That looks a good read by the way.

Blackfriar 3rd February 2014 10:45

Good read

The best book I have read in many years is Vulcan 607, the true story of the Vulcan raid on Port Stanley during the Falklands war. It reads like a novel and is absolutely fascinating, not dry and historical.

whitevanman 3rd February 2014 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg Warner (Post 1562869)
That looks a good read by the way.

I'll let you know :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfriar (Post 1562875)
The best book I have read in many years is Vulcan 607, the true story of the Vulcan raid on Port Stanley during the Falklands war. It reads like a novel and is absolutely fascinating, not dry and historical.

That was my last read, A very good book..

Got today till 3pm on my own, but too much other stuff to do :mad: Might have 5mins with a coffee later though..

Borg Warner 3rd February 2014 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfriar (Post 1562875)

Have to agree, also recently read Max Hastings' The Falklands War as well as one on The Battle of Rorke's Drift. Nothing like the film by the way.

FLYER 3rd February 2014 11:27

Just finished Leslie Philips (Hello) .
Great insight into his life and those around him.

I cant read fiction.

Jay 3rd February 2014 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1562868)
My biggest frustration is not reading, I keep trying, but then don't find the time for a couple of days, and then the book never gets picked up again :(

I am with you there. I really wish I could concentrate to read a book. Everyone I know reads books. When I studied, I used to come home with about 7 books most days, but it was just to pull out the information I needed.

I did read Kenneth Williams Diaries but that doesn't really count because they were just short snippets:shrug:
I admire those that can fall into a book though. I feel like I am missing out. The amount of times my sister says the book is better than the film :(

FLYER 3rd February 2014 13:49

I am currently reading Ray Mears (bushcraft).

You never know it might come in handy one day ...:eek::D