The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   rover 75 diesel wont start (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299025)

david2000 6th September 2019 19:32

rover 75 diesel wont start

hi to all
this morning I started the engine then after 30 seconds it stopped and would not start under bonnet pump is working and good pressure then I asked a friend to give me a hand he came over and he loosened the nut on the common rail and I cranked the engine diesel was coming out then he loosened the nut on the injector I cranked the engine diesel coming out then he suggested connecting another injector to the common rail I had a injector so we connected the injector and cranked the engine nothing so it looks like there is no power going to the injectors can anyone help
david

COLVERT 6th September 2019 20:07

Dead cam sensor.

PS. Be very, very careful with the high pressure injector feed. Oil can penetrate your skin and kill you.----:eek::eek::eek:

marinabrian 6th September 2019 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2760488)
hi to all
this morning I started the engine then after 30 seconds it stopped and would not start under bonnet pump is working and good pressure then I asked a friend to give me a hand he came over and he loosened the nut on the common rail and I cranked the engine diesel was coming out then he loosened the nut on the injector I cranked the engine diesel coming out then he suggested connecting another injector to the common rail I had a injector so we connected the injector and cranked the engine nothing so it looks like there is no power going to the injectors can anyone help
david

Fault codes? live data? you have a T4, so you will be aware the common rail pressure is circa 19500 KPa while cranking or 2800 P.S.I. and fuel at this pressure will inject through your skin and kill you :eek:

So what are the fault codes (if any) and what are the live data figures for the LP and HP side, regulator current etc.

Brian :D

david2000 6th September 2019 21:00

hi brian
I cant give you live data the engine wont start the fault on the ecu is pre delivery pressure monitoring how can I test to see if there is power going to the injectors
david

marinabrian 6th September 2019 21:29

Engine doesn't need to be running David, LP side must be > than 125Kpa, and the HP side >14000Kpa during cranking.

If the LP is <125KPa, the ECM inhibits injector operation to prevent HP pump damage ;)

david2000 6th September 2019 21:59

hello Brian
ok so I need to have the overview screen on the t4 then crank the engine and see the readings is this correct I shall try tommorow
I have one question does the camshaft sensor send a signal to the injectors via ecu
david

COLVERT 6th September 2019 22:43

Your question.----I believe it does.

Brian will have an answer for you tomorrow.---:D

Mike Noc 7th September 2019 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2760538)
hello Brian
ok so I need to have the overview screen on the t4 then crank the engine and see the readings is this correct I shall try tommorow
I have one question does the camshaft sensor send a signal to the injectors via ecu
david

The ECM will reference the camshaft sensor signal only at start up and if it doesn't see it then it will not fire the injectors.

For injector timing the ECM uses the crankshaft sensor.

marinabrian 7th September 2019 09:00

Yes David, as Mike says the CMP is used solely to reference the first injection cycle then is disregarded.

The overview screen should be viewed during the cranking phase to determine the high pressure figures are correct.

I don't know if your T4 is of the variety with a kettle lead connector like this......

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwM...dKeEM/$_59.JPG

If it is, you should power it from the mains to prevent the possibility of signal dropout during cranking.

david2000 7th September 2019 09:46

hello Brian
I have sent you a photo of my t4 check your email and in the next half hour I will have the info you want
david