The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Walnut Accessories - new colour pics/and order details (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46048)

barann 16th August 2011 08:33

Day 20 and kit arrived now looking forward to fitting it :bowdown:

RugbyRover 16th August 2011 11:23

Shame these aint cheaper...... think a lot of Rover 75 owners would buy them if they were.

uk_dave&gill 16th August 2011 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by barann (Post 784459)
Day 20 and kit arrived now looking forward to fitting it :bowdown:

If it's 20 days for delivery from order, then all being well, tomorrow for me!! :D

mh007 16th August 2011 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey9 (Post 784201)
Why is it whenever someone expresses an opinion that doesn't comply with the gist of the thread it is placed on someone always has to be "insulted"?
For clarification, I said I thought some of them were, in my opinion, naff. I also think that anyone buying and fitting every single part has overdone it... again, just my two bob's worth. I'm not looking for agreement.... just adding my thoughts. It wasn't a personal dig at Simon, who I'm sure can defend himself of need be.
If I was giving an honest review I'd say the cut and fit of the parts looks great and the colur and pattern as good as can be expected for after market parts.
I'm sure others agree with my sentiments but fear the backlash if they say so.
If you read my comments and look at the picture I hope you'll appreciate the intended humour. Grown men in the 40s (me) and 50s (you) shouldn't have petted lip tiffs... it was banter and was intended to be taken as such.

Cheers
Bluey

Have to agree, everyone is entitled to an opinion & should be allowed to express that opinion on an open forum provided that the opinion does not contain anything that is directly offensive to anyone.

I also agree that there are some parts of the trim that I wouldn't fit, just personal taste.

Simon has done a stunning job with these parts.

I originally had a kit from the Walnut Dash Company & in comparison, the kit from Simon is 100% better.

kissifer1972 16th August 2011 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 784570)
Have to agree, everyone is entitled to an opinion & should be allowed to express that opinion on an open forum provided that the opinion does not contain anything that is directly offensive to anyone.

I also agree that there are some parts of the trim that I wouldn't fit, just personal taste.

Simon has done a stunning job with these parts.

:iagree: Couldn't agree more.

It can be over done. Personally I would like to just finish off the centre console with a trim over the heater controls and the eBay Double Din I have fitted, and I will when other bits stop breaking or falling off....

Parker 16th August 2011 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesnow (Post 784546)
Shame these aint cheaper...... think a lot of Rover 75 owners would buy them if they were.

The product is not mass produced and a lot of work has gone into the design and development of the items with bespoke one off production in many cases. Of course cost is relative to the individual and it must be said the quality is of a high standard.

Ros3 16th August 2011 17:14

I still think the seat trim's are way expensive.:)

mh007 16th August 2011 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ros3 (Post 784697)
I still think the seat trim's are way expensive.:)

Have to agree with this too !

They would look nice but then you'd only see them with the doors open !!

Parker 19th August 2011 11:28

Have ordered the switch surrounds today complete with chrome, the ones I have are from the old Walnut Company range and are just not a good match, been meaning to upgrade for ages. Will post some pics up once fitted.

uk_dave&gill 19th August 2011 18:02

Mine arrived two days ago, looking good!

Fitting this weekend all being well (will follow the instructions to the letter, even though it does seem to say that I need to be T-cutting the panels before I stick the new bits on!)