The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   260 front caliper query (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304979)

2750 HP 17th May 2020 19:15

260 front caliper query

Hi: i have a Feb 2004 Mk 1 260 (no 95 in Trophy Blue) with just 41k on the clock: had it about 9.5 years. Through lack of use the n/s/f caliper piston(s) is sticking and so requires attention. Where is the best place please to get an overhaul kit or for that matter a pair of calipers if that is required? Presumably they are the same as a 190 or am i mistaken? Advice appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Steve

ceedy 17th May 2020 20:48

Same as a 190 :}

[/B]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2750 HP (Post 2813120)
Hi: i have a Feb 2004 Mk 1 260 (no 95 in Trophy Blue) with just 41k on the clock: had it about 9.5 years. Through lack of use the n/s/f caliper piston(s) is sticking and so requires attention. Where is the best place please to get an overhaul kit or for that matter a pair of calipers if that is required? Presumably they are the same as a 190 or am i mistaken? Advice appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Steve

clf 17th May 2020 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2750 HP (Post 2813120)

Thanks and regards
Steve

Calipers HERE. Comes with correct markings too.

Rebuild kit from same people.

(whether or not I got a dodgy set I dont know, but the ones from Bigg Red just werent good at all, no suppleness in the rubbers)

edwardmk 18th May 2020 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2813139)
Calipers HERE. Comes with correct markings too.

Rebuild kit from same people.

(whether or not I got a dodgy set I dont know, but the ones from Bigg Red just werent good at all, no suppleness in the rubbers)

I've just spent many hours on refurbing my ZT 190 rear calipers but just got stymied at the last step. When I took out the new piston seal kits supplied by Rimmer Bros, I couldn't fit the new piston seal. More careful investigation and a phone call to Rimmers and I found the seal kit SMN100270 was the wrong size and they can't actually supply a seals kit for 190 rear calipers. I asked if I could use a kit for a 260 and they said 'not the same' as the 190 rear calipers.
Are we saying front calipers are the same for 190 and 260, but the rears are different? Also, any advice on where to get both front and rear seal kits for the 190 would be most welcome?

trikey 18th May 2020 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardmk (Post 2813256)
I've just spent many hours on refurbing my ZT 190 rear calipers but just got stymied at the last step. When I took out the new piston seal kits supplied by Rimmer Bros, I couldn't fit the new piston seal. More careful investigation and a phone call to Rimmers and I found the seal kit SMN100270 was the wrong size and they can't actually supply a seals kit for 190 rear calipers. I asked if I could use a kit for a 260 and they said 'not the same' as the 190 rear calipers.
Are we saying front calipers are the same for 190 and 260, but the rears are different? Also, any advice on where to get both front and rear seal kits for the 190 would be most welcome?

Front 260 calipers are the same as the 190, 260 rear calipers are AP Racing items, if it helps the 180 has the same rear calipers as the 190.

2750 HP 18th May 2020 20:58

Thanks to all: will give them a ring tomorrow.

Steve

clf 18th May 2020 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2750 HP (Post 2813275)
Thanks to all: will give them a ring tomorrow.

Steve

I have fitted the refurb kit AND replaced the front right caliper (after a mishap with a tapping out the bleed nipple :duh::duh:). They are good quality, and fit properly.

the caliper to my eye was identical, and they claim to be new - so much so, I would suggest they were OEM (in the true sense of the term). Search for Budweg for the manufacturer's website.

clf 18th May 2020 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardmk (Post 2813256)

Front seal kit

Rear seal kit (vented discs - vented disc calipers use a different sized piston to the non vented discs)

search for Budweg's website with the part numbers listed, also yields the BMW equivalent fitments for the calipers for future reference. ;)

edwardmk 18th May 2020 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2813281)
Front seal kit

Rear seal kit (vented discs - vented disc calipers use a different sized piston to the non vented discs)

search for Budweg's website with the part numbers listed, also yields the BMW equivalent fitments for the calipers for future reference. ;)

Many thanks for that info.
Parts ordered for front and back and much relief on my part that all the wire brushing and cleaning and painting wasn't wasted!:D