The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bosch HP Diesel Fuel Pump Detail of Internal Workings Filter (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47264)

Lovel 22nd October 2009 11:45

Bosch HP Diesel Fuel Pump Detail of Internal Workings Filter

I have tried searching for more detailed information on overhauling this pump. The MGR documentation does not go into enough detail for me. Does anyone have more details including information on a possible built in filter?

Departed 22nd October 2009 12:05

I wouldn't expect a built in filter, as there's already a very fine filter in the supply, just before it gets to the HP pump. Also it would be non serviceable.

Don't know this for a fact, of course.

BigRuss 22nd October 2009 12:12

Have you looked in the Rover m47 workbook?

A bit more information in there IIRC

Russ

Lovel 22nd October 2009 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRuss (Post 405069)
Have you looked in the Rover m47 workbook?
A bit more information in there IIRC
Russ

Will try reading it again to see if I missed anything.

Lovel 22nd October 2009 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowedb (Post 405065)
I wouldn't expect a built in filter, as there's already a very fine filter in the supply, just before it gets to the HP pump. Also it would be non serviceable.

Don't know this for a fact, of course.

Do you mean by very fine filter, the large replacable element next to the battery box, or is there another filter after this one in the fuel line prior to reaching the HP pump?

Departed 22nd October 2009 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovel (Post 405142)
Do you mean by very fine filter, the large replacable element next to the battery box, or is there another filter after this one in the fuel line prior to reaching the HP pump?

No, that's the one I meant. Should take everything out.

eddybrown 23rd October 2009 08:48

I thought there was a microfilter between the regulator and the HP pump? This is described on RoverRons site under the common engine faults section for the 75.

Lovel 23rd October 2009 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddybrown (Post 405430)
I thought there was a microfilter between the regulator and the HP pump? This is described on RoverRons site under the common engine faults section for the 75.

Yes, I have reviewed Rons site already.

Its supposed to be at the HP pump inlet or in the regulator orifice area. Been a few folk looking for this elusive little blighter, but so far nothing. From what I have understood it almost solid sintered? and it would not take much to block it up with contaminants if it passed the LP fuel filter.

Lovel 23rd October 2009 21:59

Bosch CP1 Sykes 07758500 Engine Diesel Pump Removal Tool

There was a post refering to the HP pump removal extractor tool. I have searched high and low for it but cannot seem to find the thread. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the thread that contained info on the tool.

Or alternatively if someone wanted to loan me one? :bowdown:

Have found one and ordered now.

CP1 HP Pump Sykes Pickavant 07758500 Engine Diesel Pump Remover Tool

Lovel 24th October 2009 14:51

Bosch CP1 HP Pump Inlet Check Valve, AKA Shut Down or Safety Valve

2 Attachment(s)
I checked the inlet fuel feed for the CP1 HP pump today and noticed that there is a check valve inside. The check valve seemed to be stuck solid, but after a little push it started to function again. It should not have been stuck as there was no pressure behind it??. This may explain why I get no fuel going through the CP1 HP pump. Once I get my ECU back from the Doctor we'll see if it starts. In the bill of materials (Item 14) for the CP1 HP pump it described the check valve as a shut down valve assembly. I'm not sure if this is just to stop the fuel draining out once the engine is stopped or if it stop high pressure going back the way from the HP pump which could be interesting.

Pic 1 showing inlet of CP1 HP pump
Pic 2 exploded diagram of HP pump showing components.