The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What’s involved? Xpower upgrade CDT tourer. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292329)

Johndregg 28th January 2019 09:50

What’s involved? Xpower upgrade CDT tourer.

Called a local rover workshop today who offer the Xpower upgrade. When I asked what was involved I was told that they would need my car for a couple of days and that new parts would need to be added as well as the software in the ECU.
When I asked what these parts were and how much it was all going to cost he told me to use google. Got very vague.
Could someone else enlighten me? As I’ve been left with a distinctly dodgy feeling about the whole thing.

stocktake 28th January 2019 09:58

You would be far better purchasing the 160bhp upgrade from one of the traders on here. Just remove your ECU and post it to them if there isn't a registered trader near you.

macafee2 28th January 2019 10:17

with the response they gave, I'd avoid them like the plaque

macafee2

Johndregg 28th January 2019 10:33

The garage has an ok reputation just that I haven’t used them before. I’m just at a loss to understand why they would need the car for that long and already know that extra parts will be needed but not be able to tell me what they are. I’ve worked as a motorcycle mechanic in the past, I usually do all the work on my own cars unless I don’t have specific tools or expertise. I asked direct questions but got woolly answers. He did ask me to email him and he would answer so I’m interested in what the whole story will be. The car is in daily use and it would be difficult to be without it to send off its ECU so I was hoping aT4 workshop would have been able to upgrade the map quicker than a couple of days.
Can anyone outline what’s actually involved?

Jamiewelch 28th January 2019 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johndregg (Post 2706256)
The garage has an ok reputation just that I haven’t used them before. I’m just at a loss to understand why they would need the car for that long and already know that extra parts will be needed but not be able to tell me what they are. I’ve worked as a motorcycle mechanic in the past, I usually do all the work on my own cars unless I don’t have specific tools or expertise. I asked direct questions but got woolly answers. He did ask me to email him and he would answer so I’m interested in what the whole story will be. The car is in daily use and it would be difficult to be without it to send off its ECU so I was hoping aT4 workshop would have been able to upgrade the map quicker than a couple of days.
Can anyone outline what’s actually involved?

No additional parts are required. It is a ZCS coding change then an ECU tune download. That is all it is, no additional parts. So it they say parts need changing then they are talking a lot of rubbish and trying to get more money out of you.

Johndregg 28th January 2019 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2706265)
No additional parts are required. It is a ZCS coding change then an ECU tune download. That is all it is, no additional parts. So it they say parts need changing then they are talking a lot of rubbish and trying to get more money out of you.

Well, I’m very interested to see what he says in his email.
Which members on here do the remapping by post?

Yorkshire GOC 28th January 2019 11:21

Try Big Russ;)

stevestrat 28th January 2019 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johndregg (Post 2706256)
The car is in daily use and it would be difficult to be without it to send off its ECU so I was hoping aT4 workshop would have been able to upgrade the map quicker than a couple of days.

The 160 upgrade isn't generally available, it was developed by a couple of the traders here and is only available through them. As stated it requires no parts, purely a software upgrade in the ECU.

grivas 28th January 2019 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johndregg (Post 2706237)
Called a local rover workshop today who offer the Xpower upgrade. When I asked what was involved I was told that they would need my car for a couple of days and that new parts would need to be added as well as the software in the ECU.
When I asked what these parts were and how much it was all going to cost he told me to use google. Got very vague.
Could someone else enlighten me? As I’ve been left with a distinctly dodgy feeling about the whole thing.

Yeah, my advice is AVOID these people, and get in touch with Brian, he offers the much superior 160 upgrade, and it will be done right.! right.

Nick Greg 28th January 2019 14:52

Avoid this garage. Your question has already been answered in this post.. Use the aforementioned traders to deal with it as they 100% know what they are doing.