The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Before I start dismantling... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294311)

STUBIE 25th March 2019 21:24

Before I start dismantling...

So had my V6 for a couple of months, no air bag light but on a trip I recently played around with the seat settings as I was getting a bit uncomfortable and Airbag light came on.

Ah well I thought must have dislodged something under the seat but after a quick check under drivers seat and a spray with contact cleaner airbag light failed to go out,

On a recent trip to BigRuss I asked if he could identify where the issue was but T4 refused to communicate with the airbag ecu, Russ stated that its usually the ecu that has become corrupt and needs to be changed with the centre console out.. oh great,

So before I go dismantling could it be anything else if I cannot communicate with the ecu, checked the SRS fuse, it was Ok but changed anyway, Also checked the connections under passenger seat.

Stubs

marinabrian 25th March 2019 21:46

If this car is equipped with a Temic SRS DCU it will more than likely be toast if it's an Autoliv variant, then power supply issues are more likely.

So does the car have a modular or a hardwired fusebox Stu?

Brian :D

STUBIE 25th March 2019 22:40

Not sure what you mean their Brian. How do you tell the difference?

Stubs

marinabrian 25th March 2019 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by STUBIE (Post 2722095)
Not sure what you mean their Brian. How do you tell the difference?

Stubs

Does the fusebox have mini fuses or standard size?

The earlier modular fusebox has standard size fuses , post 2003 will be hardwired and have mini fuses.

STUBIE 26th March 2019 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2722102)
Does the fusebox have mini fuses or standard size?

The earlier modular fusebox has standard size fuses , post 2003 will be hardwired and have mini fuses.

Standard fuses in this car.

marinabrian 26th March 2019 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by STUBIE (Post 2722121)
Standard fuses in this car.

In that case, a replacement Temic SRS DCU is needed along with configuring to the car.....something like THIS ;)

When fitting, with battery disconnected, disconnect the multiplug before disconnecting the flying earth lead, and reconnect the earth and bolt down the unit, before plugging in the replacement DCU.

Hope this helps

Brian :D

Mickyboy 26th March 2019 13:00

When replacing the Temic SRS DCU, make sure it is from a car that has the same set up ie saloon for saloon or tourer for tourer and making sure the airbag set up is the same ie curtain airbags etc

Otherwise a used DCU will cause the light to remain on. When using a used DCU T4 will still find a VIN MISSMATCH but that’s not a massive issue
Mick

BigRuss 27th March 2019 00:05

And whatever you do bolt it down correctly before you try it as discussed otherwise you'll wreck it ;)

Russ

STUBIE 21st April 2019 12:13

Well dismantled the central console removing all the gubbins to replace my airbag ecu source from Tom Holland. Didn't need to remove the front seats but anchored the console up so I could change the ecu.

Airbag light now extinguished and one happy camper.

Stibs