The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Valeting Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   PDR : Paintless Dent Removal - great result! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298179)

grout20 7th August 2019 18:08

PDR : Paintless Dent Removal - great result!

3 Attachment(s)
I was absolutely gutted last week when I discovered a dent on the top of my bonnet. It looked like something had been either dropped or thrown onto it.

Although the wife thought it was hardly worth my absolutely foul language (sorry dear wife and neighbours..... :eek:) every time I looked at the car my eye went straight to the dent.

It looked worse in real life than it does in the first picture below I can tell ya....

As the paint wasn't broken I researched on PDR and found Jake Quintin at www.1sttrackdents.co.uk in St Albans. His web site shows him in action on a few cars.

It was as good chatting with him as watching him work his magic this morning and I'd recommend him to anyone. Absolutely brilliant job. :bowdown:

Trouble is, we then walk round your car and spot the other minor car park dinks etc ..... but pocket money only goes so far, eh?

Happy Roving all

John

ChestersDad 8th August 2019 08:20

Nice job! and quite amazing what can be done. Thanks for sharing. Well worth it what anyone says John! :} ;)

Azur 13th August 2019 16:06

Great result, I made an appointment with another guy here in Holland to remove dents on the bonnet due to people who could not close it the way it should have been. I will hope for great results and post them!

Emiel

Dorchester2 13th August 2019 17:08

At last I've seen a bit of your beautiful wedgwood 75 John! ;)
Happy for you it's ending well with a minor dent in your kitty... :p:

grout20 13th August 2019 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azur (Post 2754681)
Great result, I made an appointment with another guy here in Holland to remove dents on the bonnet due to people who could not close it the way it should have been. I will hope for great results and post them!
Emiel

Good luck .... I hope you are as happy as I am.

As long as the paint isn't cracked you should be lucky ... albeit a bit poorer! :eek:

John

grout20 13th August 2019 21:20

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2754688)
At last I've seen a bit of your beautiful wedgwood 75 John! ;)
Happy for you it's ending well with a minor dent in your kitty... :p:

Haha. It was worth it!

If the picture attached ok, here''s a bit more of her.

Hope you have got through the heat OK down there?

Kind regards

John

Dorchester2 14th August 2019 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by grout20 (Post 2754777)
Haha. It was worth it!
If the picture attached ok, here''s a bit more of her.
Hope you have got through the heat OK down there?
Kind regards
John

handsome colour & car! :drool4:
I love my Atlantic blue pearlescent as well with its blue & green metallic glints, but it's a pita job to keep it clean like other darker colours: every tiniest hint of mud, filth or grease, even dust cannot escape the eye mainly in sunny & shiny weather! Nevertheless mind that the car is polished & waxed.
Tomorrow my pride & joy will be involved in a rally with other British cars (older I bet, with some roadsters), beginning the journey with a nice breakfast cum 'croissants' in a C17 castle...:p:
Yes that summer heat was rather painful. Fortunately our large traditional house is easily able to keep the coolness. But touring in France - particularly in the Alps visiting our younger son - was appalling because the inside of our B&B was dirty hot (my son's house is to become guest friendly but at the moment under renovation & extension!). But we resisted thanks to our 75 aircon! :D

Teflon 17th December 2019 11:01

A good PDR man (or lady) can work miracles.

I had a sharp vertical 6 inch crease put in my front offside wing a few years back. I knew a chap who had been doing PDR for over 20 yrs and he removed the crease in 2 minutes flat. Took him longer to get his tools out and set up than it did to repair the damage :xmas-smiley-008:.

Cliff

Rick-sta 17th December 2019 17:15

They are amazing at what they do. I used dent devils last year on my Typhoon after a lorry dinged into my offside rear door (which the company paid for), had a load of other minor carpark door dings all removed. Done a fantastic job.

It's amazing watching them do the doors, I thought the door card would have to come off but they simply wind the windows down and access through there to do it.