The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Just a wee heads up. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=237568)

coolcat 15th February 2016 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2219318)
I wonder if this would work??
If your drier is in a shed or garage, how about standing a plastic bucket full of water on top of it :shrug:
Might work :D
Ken.

Seeing that a few members have been affected by this and it must have been a frightening experience for them I think we need to take this a little more seriously :shrug:

FLYER 15th February 2016 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2219321)
Seeing that a few members have been affected by this and it must have been a frightening experience for them I think we need to take this a little more seriously :shrug:

And a woman died in her house a few weeks ago so maybe Ken could have a re-think.

I enjoy a laugh but some things need taking more seriously.

ceedy 15th February 2016 14:07

Registered our indesit in October 2015 got a letter last week incating an engineer may call "Sometime" .. luckily my wife keeps the fluff in hand !! err under control .. :D:D errm ! ;)

C

Darcydog 15th February 2016 19:12

We have a two year old Indesit Tumble Dryer which works well - it is the vented type having previously had a condenser type that was absolutely useless .

ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND IS REGULAR REMOVAL OF THE FLUFF BUILD-UP IN THE FILTER.

With ours you simply pull out a basket thing that sits on the bottom of the open door hatch. Then you can peel off the "blanket" of fluff that has been caught.

From what I understand it is when this fluff filter gets overloaded and the motor overheats and then sets this fluff alight.

I am staggered at how much fluff is collected even after one use.

I sometimes wonder how i possibly have any clothes left.

(Good heads up George - just seen your post of 12:41)

FLYER 15th February 2016 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2219550)
We have a two year old Indesit Tumble Dryer which works well - it is the vented type having previously had a condenser type that was absolutely useless .

ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND IS REGULAR REMOVAL OF THE FLUFF BUILD-UP IN THE FILTER.

With ours you simply pull out a basket thing that sits on the bottom of the open door hatch. Then you can peel off the "blanket" of fluff that has been caught.

From what I understand it is when this fluff filter gets overloaded and the motor overheats and then sets this fluff alight.

I am staggered at how much fluff is collected even after one use.

I sometimes wonder how i possibly have any clothes left.

(Good heads up George - just seen your post of 12:41)

i think this is the problem .

Users think the lint collector just inside the door is the only filter ..

The big one is at the bottom.

Typhoon190 15th February 2016 21:55

I had an engineer out to fix a related problem.

He said it's down to these stupid efficiency ratings. If the machines used a little more water to flush the system, and stop the fluff etc building up, this problem would be less likely to occur.

Obviously better that it saves 7 pence of water a day, than it is safe and reliable. :getmecoat:

Leyland Worldmaster 15th February 2016 22:00

I know it is a car forum...

...however as this thread may well save lives, please may it be made a "sticky"?

freck 15th February 2016 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoon190 (Post 2219676)
I had an engineer out to fix a related problem.

He said it's down to these stupid efficiency ratings. If the machines used a little more water to flush the system, and stop the fluff etc building up, this problem would be less likely to occur.

Obviously better that it saves 7 pence of water a day, than it is safe and reliable. :getmecoat:

Tumble dryers don't use water, well mine doesn't! :D. :getmecoat:

Kennyeth 16th February 2016 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2219321)

I was being serious Jef.
The idea was , if you think about it.....the fire would melt the bucket and hopefully the spilled water would put out any fire.
I put the icon as it was a daft idea that might just work.
Please don`t assume I am making fun of this kind of thing, I am not at all.
A friend of mine had this happen and I would not take the p-iss out of him.
Ken.

steveo 16th February 2016 05:34

no offence taken

Morning Ken
No offence taken

I think the issue is water and electricity don't mix although it would be a good idea for some kind of powder/co2 system to be introduced into the system.
regards
steve