The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How to make a point - Range Rover owner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=289969)

Yorkshire GOC 8th November 2018 18:51

How to make a point - Range Rover owner

https://www.aol.co.uk/2017/03/30/fur.../?guccounter=1

:shrug::shrug:

75c 8th November 2018 19:31

if the point he's trying to make is some people have too much money and not enough sense then he's succeeded. a full dmf filter. wow. what a muppet

Lancpudn 8th November 2018 19:56

Must be catching! I was watching a youtube vid last night where a guy dug a hole with a JCB and buried his Range rover. :shrug:

coab 8th November 2018 19:59

Whats the difference between a Range Rover and a Hedgehog?

A hedgehog has priiiicks on the outside!:getmecoat:

SCP440 8th November 2018 20:26

On a serious note this DPF problem is very common, I know of one owner of a Qashqai that had the orange light come on as she only used the car for the school run and a bit of shoping and was told it needed a run or it would go red and then need a new DPF, her answer was '' I don't have time for that'' so a few weeks later it was in the garage having a new DPF fitted by the main dealer. Is it me?

If all you do with your car is drive around town its easy, don't buy a modern diesel.

Gazmo65 8th November 2018 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2685218)
Must be catching! I was watching a youtube vid last night where a guy dug a hole with a JCB and buried his Range rover. :shrug:

That's Hoovies garage he is quite entertaining but can also be a bit of a plonker, not to sure about his mechanical knowledge but he has a mate called the wizard who helps out

AndyN01 9th November 2018 07:20

Maybe our cars will rapidly go up in value as we don't have DPF's. :D

I simply don't get the reasoning/mentality behind buying a modern diesel for "the school run" or similar :duh::duh:.

Did the sales team ask any sort of questions about what/how the car was going to be used? Perhaps he could sue them for selling him a product unfit for purpose ;) :p:.

I guess the handbook/owners manual is pretty specific about what the driver/owner needs to do to avoid the DPF problems. And it sounds like the dealer told him what he needed to do and has offered to put it right? So if the owner/driver fails to follow the instructions then - erm - bad luck.

It's not always someone else's fault :}.

Or am I missing something here :shrug:

Andy.

flying_pig 9th November 2018 08:23

Same guy that bought bargain phantom

Darcydog 9th November 2018 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2685230)
On a serious note this DPF problem is very common, I know of one owner of a Qashqai that had the orange light come on as she only used the car for the school run and a bit of shoping and was told it needed a run or it would go red and then need a new DPF, her answer was '' I don't have time for that'' so a few weeks later it was in the garage having a new DPF fitted by the main dealer. Is it me?

If all you do with your car is drive around town its easy, don't buy a modern diesel.

Totally agree!

Darcydog 9th November 2018 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2685198)

The blokes a (.)

I think LR’s response is fair and to the point.

The “cure” is a simply drive for 50 Miles at a reasonable speed to clear the DPF. This would cost a few £’s in fuel - But no - this proctologist’s dream prefers to witter on about the car not being registered in the U.K. and the Congestion Charge as reasons why he wants LR to sort out HIS stupidity.

What a total Richard.

More money than sense.