The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brim to brim 34.1 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=192544)

Vossy 14th August 2014 13:42

Brim to brim 34.1

Well I have been having a few problems with the fuel consumption of my Maggie recently, this time I have an improvement, brim to brim with my figures gave me 34.1 mpg, all town driving, the OBD shows 81 (8.1 litres) per 100 km which works out at 34.8 mpg, so overall I am a little happier. It also shows that the OBD is pretty accurate.
I suspect that the car is capable of better MPG figures going on what other members are saying for town driving.
Its had a complete service including PCV, EGR bypass from DMGRS, intercooler seals were changed for Viton ones, in fact the lower one had a kink in it so it was needed. Apart from the EGR valve the engine was quite clean so it has been well serviced.
The intake manifold could do with a clean but really its not that bad, I have seen much worse but I will do it anyway.
I did modify the air intake by cutting back to beyond the flexi part, I also have a complete air intake and by switching them about I will stick my neck out and say that it definitely runs and pulls better with the modified one and no difference in noise, so its staying on for now.
The MAF has not been checked as yet but I don't suspect it, if I can get to the next meet I will see about a remap and T4 session.
Tickover is still a little high at 849/851 (OBD) when it should be 780 and the temperature tops out at 83 degrees, only little things but I reckon they will all help to improve the MPG.
With the colder weather around the corner (feels like Autumn already) I will get around to replacing the thermostat very soon so all in all its fingers crossed for better.
Its bad enough having to pay nearly £300 a year road tax without paying for a car doing just mid twenties to the gallon as well.

pab 14th August 2014 14:11

Sounds about right for a diesel auto..

klarzy 14th August 2014 16:13

I do get better 37 ish for start stop, 42-43 for mixed and 47-49 motorway (more up hill on the way to Cumbria...)

ceedy 14th August 2014 17:01

My auto has been showing around 35 odd for last couple of years with general local driving , so mostly 4th gear :duh:.

But just over the last few weeks its jumped to a steady 38 with all the same driving.

All done on Shell Dizzle so no cheapy stuff ..

And the only thing I've changed recently on the car is a New ( well 2nd hand Alloy top intercooler pipe from a Beemer ) :shrug:. the old one was the original and really spongey :o

Chris

slickster 14th August 2014 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 1758713)
Its bad enough having to pay nearly £300 a year road tax without paying for a car doing just mid twenties to the gallon as well.

Yeah, though most of the time my auto struggles to get over 15mpg...it does sound good in the process though :p:

yzf600r 14th August 2014 17:04

My manual generally averages about 34mpg on mainly short journeys, on a mix of motorway, a roads and short journeys got 44mpg brim to brim.

polinsteve 14th August 2014 17:17

Running about I get 35-38. On motorways It goes up to 47-48. Everything is bog standard generally using fuel from Morrisons.

bobb12005 14th August 2014 17:47

i do brim to brim every time and i find just going to and from work 12 miles each way and shopping runs i get 44 mpg but on longer trips it gets over 50 mpg

klarzy 14th August 2014 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 1758920)
My auto has been showing around 35 odd for last couple of years with general local driving , so mostly 4th gear :duh:.

But just over the last few weeks its jumped to a steady 38 with all the same driving.

All done on Shell Dizzle so no cheapy stuff ..

And the only thing I've changed recently on the car is a New ( well 2nd hand Alloy top intercooler pipe from a Beemer ) :shrug:. the old one was the original and really spongey :o

Chris

I would get the 160... it made a step difference to mine...

Vossy 14th August 2014 20:44

Cheers guys, actual computer shows 26.1 mpg so that is way out.
Planning on 160 if I can get to a meet.

Its getting there but certainly better than it was.