The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Silicone intercooler hoses (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=161484)

MalteseMarc 13th October 2013 18:34

Also there is a difference between mk 1 and 2 hoses i.e the later ones have the sensor built in

Ian G 13th October 2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 1450056)
How would the quality compare to the OEM ones especially compared to price.

I would be interested though, as mine is on the way out.

Craig

Have you seen Rimmers price for OEM Craig..
Cheers Ian

Ian G 13th October 2013 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseMarc (Post 1450077)
Also there is a difference between mk 1 and 2 hoses i.e the later ones have the sensor built in

Very true but I am using Mk1 hoses on my facelift car, all it takes is 30 seconds with a sharp knife.
Cheers Ian

Mark2000cc 13th October 2013 18:38

Ian, couldn't they make both? It wouldn't take much for them to cut the middle section out would it?

Ian G 13th October 2013 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2000cc (Post 1450090)
Ian, couldn't they make both? It wouldn't take much for them to cut the middle section out would it?

Hi Mark
I'm sure they would make both but it depends on tooling costs, maybe they could look at marking the hoses in manufacture to show the cut line.
Cheers Ian

Mark2000cc 13th October 2013 18:49

Now that's a good idea, either way, I'm really interested! Any idea when you willbe aapproaching the company?

Ian G 13th October 2013 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2000cc (Post 1450114)
Now that's a good idea, either way, I'm really interested! Any idea when you willbe aapproaching the company?

I'm day off tomorrow so if I get time I'll try to make contact with a couple of manufacturers to see if there is any interest and numbers they would need to make it worth while..
Also I want to make it clear that if this comes off I have no intention of making money from it and the price you pay will be the same as I pay.. Unless I have to supply new hoses as a pattern then I'll add a little to each order to cover the cost.
Cheers Ian

MalteseMarc 13th October 2013 18:57

If you could get this project up and running I think you would get quite a few interested, as the cost of OEM hoses is very expensive. Maybe approaching a supplier with a number of potential orders, say 20+ could incentivise them into producing them.

Regards,

Marc

MalteseMarc 13th October 2013 19:00

A bit slow in my typing for my previous comments as your last post Ian, seems to answer my questions:D
Anyway looking forward to the updates.

Mark2000cc 13th October 2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 1450121)
I'm day off tomorrow so if I get time I'll try to make contact with a couple of manufacturers to see if there is any interest and numbers they would need to make it worth while..
Also I want to make it clear that if this comes off I have no intention of making money from it and the price you pay will be the same as I pay.. Unless I have to supply new hoses as a pattern then I'll add a little to each order to cover the cost.
Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian, please keep me posted mate as my intercooler hoseshave now beco me porous and I think it's contributing to poor performance and fuel economy... Cheers mate.