The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fearing the worst………………….. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318680)

FLYING BANANA 13th April 2022 10:10

Fearing the worst…………………..

…………………………. after we took Banana into the garage yesterday. In the back of my mind was this is going to cost a lot of money. I thought that the dreaded head gasket was on it’s way out.
Well, the garage have just phoned with news. They put an additive into the cooling system that changes colour if the gasket has failed. And it is all ok, they also done a compression test and again all ok.

But they are changing the PRT and radiator cap.

Happy with that.

Teflon 13th April 2022 11:27

Good news Bob :}.

I suppose all our cars are getting on a bit now - I Just had Russell 'round to put a new power steering pump on my V6 as it had decided to start leaking :o

Cliff

TourerSteve 14th April 2022 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2928212)
…………………………. after we took Banana into the garage yesterday. In the back of my mind was this is going to cost a lot of money. I thought that the dreaded head gasket was on it’s way out.
Well, the garage have just phoned with news. They put an additive into the cooling system that changes colour if the gasket has failed. And it is all ok, they also done a compression test and again all ok.

But they are changing the PRT and radiator cap.

Happy with that.

Sounds promising
Hopefully a new PRT and cap will cure your issues , as losing that volume of coolant potentially has impact on the head gasket .

FLYING BANANA 25th April 2022 15:09

Home again.

Banana is home again. Now for ****’s sake behave. My wallet is in melt down and has gone for a lie down in a darkened room.

v-man 25th April 2022 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2929794)
Banana is home again. Now for ****’s sake behave. My wallet is in melt down and has gone for a lie down in a darkened room.

That sounds like your poor wallet had a bad day Bob.

Fingers crossed the yellow one behaves from now on.

MSS 25th April 2022 18:00

Just remember people - it's only money! :D

coolguy 25th April 2022 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2929842)
Just remember people - it's only money! :D

...and it's cheaper than buying a modern anything!

Saga Lout 25th April 2022 19:18

Maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2929847)
...and it's cheaper than buying a modern anything!

With the price of gas and electricity and petrol close behind, I wonder what's the best way to stay warm, the heating or a ride in the car?

Rev Jules 25th April 2022 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2929794)

Good news Bob, Its lucky you managed to find the keys for the padlocks to your wallet. ::D.
Rev.

FLYING BANANA 25th April 2022 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2929857)
Good news Bob, Its lucky you managed to find the keys for the padlocks to your wallet. ::D.
Rev.

So glad Dawn doesn’t know the combination on yours.