The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stopped by the interceptors (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297592)

Nobby 18th July 2019 21:14

Stopped by the interceptors

Today went to do the monthly shop whilst swmbo was at the hospice so after dropping her off drove to the local Lidl’s.

As I turned into the car park I was followed in by a marked police Volvo estate. As I parked up the police pulled across the back of me and the 2 plods got out of the car. Immediately my mind raced;:eek: had I gone through a red light? Was it my not quite legal number plate that caught their attention? Didn’t have a clue. As I got out of the car, one copper approached and said to me “is this your car sir” Yes I replied. “Have you had it long?” again I replied yes 17 years!

Already a few shoppers were standing at the shop entrance rubber necking. Did I really look a crim? :shrug: :o I was beginning to feel one

I asked the copper what was wrong had I done something? Trying to make light of the situ I also said the cars taxed, tested, insured and I’ve got no weed or white powder in the car. “No problem” he says, we just saw you pulling in and the car really caught our eye. I used to own one years ago and missed it ever since it was totalled. Loved the style of them and wished I could find a good one again”. Him and his mate then proceeded to give the car a thorough once over. After a few mins or so he said “ one of the nicest I’ve seen;she’s lovely and in such good condition. Pity everyone doesn’t maintain their cars like you. Anyway won’t keep you- have a good day”. Well you could have blown me over with a feather. So nice to have so many compliments especially from an officer of the law. Before we parted I gave him the forum details in case he was interested in buying another and away we all went. Bet the rubber neckers were disappointed I wasn’t thrown on the floor and cuffed! Had a big cheesy grin for the rest of the afternoon tho' :D.

trikey 18th July 2019 21:17

Great stuff, nice to be appreciated :bowdown:

+1 to the old bill for having taste too ;)

RPWC 18th July 2019 21:19

Nice to have compliments from the law. At least some people still appreciate these cars. If I could afford a second car, and had somewhere to store it, I would definitely have another 75.

Dawn 18th July 2019 21:25

A lovely compliment. I would have pooped myself though!

roverbarmy 18th July 2019 21:37

I remember the words on Police Interceptors "It's a Rover, pull it over!".:getmecoat:

Nobby 18th July 2019 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2748715)
A lovely compliment. I would have pooped myself though!

Well at first my backside was certainly playing half crown/ sixpence :D They were both quite burly guys too - I certainly would want to get on their bad side

Rev Jules 18th July 2019 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobby (Post 2748720)
Well at first my backside was certainly playing half crown/ sixpence :D They were both quite burly guys too - I certainly would want to get on their bad side

She is nice Nobby, a credit to you.

Rev

FLYING BANANA 19th July 2019 06:23

As much as we condemn the Police they do have a soft side.

I was driving the Banana and pulled up on the outside lane approaching a roundabout when a Police dog van pulled up on the inside, the driver got my attention with a short blast on the siren. Down went my passenger window and the officer said, “Nice car, lovely colour. Don’t go doing any bank jobs in it though as we will be able to spot you from space. I’ll give you my phone number should you want to sell this beauty”.

I replied, “well you’ll have to get in the queue as there are 19 people in front of you who want to buy her”.
His reply was, “no problem, I can fit them all up then I’ll be first in the queue. Have a nice day”. And he was gone.

Nobby your car is a credit to you.

tourer 19th July 2019 07:32

How did you get away with the "not quite legal" number plate?
Are they not interested any more? I know in the past they were, depending upon the copper.

macafee2 19th July 2019 07:54

I can image how you felt, the first thing probably that goes through the minds of decent people is, what did I do wrong.
I hope they own up if they join the forum :)

macafee2