The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Help with fire extinguisher diagram (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297603)

macafee2 19th July 2019 11:37

Help with fire extinguisher diagram

1 Attachment(s)
I have circled a bit in Blue on a fitting diagram for the fire extinguisher bracket.

Where does this part come from? Is it an existing part of the seat or does it come with the fire extinguisher?

It is not part of the fitting bracket as far as I can tell.

thank you

macafee2

stocktake 19th July 2019 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2748811)
I have circled a bit in Blue on a fitting diagram for the fire extinguisher bracket.

macafee2

Oh no you haven't :)

macafee2 19th July 2019 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2748813)

oh yes I have :) I know not to everyones tastes and I may fit it and not like it but as I have a caravan, it can have a double life.

macafee2

stevestrat 19th July 2019 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2748811)
macafee2

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2748813)

Dave is referring to the diagram . . . . it ain't there!

macafee2 19th July 2019 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2748824)
Dave is referring to the diagram . . . . it ain't there!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o thank you

It's now on the first post.

Oh for a hole to go and hide in:D

macafee2

BigRuss 19th July 2019 16:09

The blue circled bit on the diagram is the securing strap for the extingisher that goes round the bracket ;)

It would have been part of the kit from new but I don't think it's essential as the extinguisher is normally held in by the bracket. The strap was just an added precausion to prevent it being dislodged accidently.

You could always try and find something suitable that would do the job if it's missing ;)

Russ

macafee2 19th July 2019 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRuss (Post 2748876)
The blue circled bit on the diagram is the securing strap for the extingisher that goes round the bracket ;)

It would have been part of the kit from new but I don't think it's essential as the extinguisher is normally held in by the bracket. The strap was just an added precausion to prevent it being dislodged accidently.

You could always try and find something suitable that would do the job if it's missing ;)

Russ

It's not with the bracket. I'll look closer once I get an extinguisher that fits.
thanks for the heads up

macafee2

rab60bit 22nd July 2019 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2748877)
It's not with the bracket. I'll look closer once I get an extinguisher that fits.
thanks for the heads up

macafee2

That strap comes along with the extinquisher. I've got one of the later aluminium finish units in it's OEM box, waiting to be fitted (KDB000020 - Firemaster Flamebeater FM20BA) which is shrink wrapped and the strap is clipped on the outside of the wrapping. The strap shares one of the bracket fixing points once it's all bolted in situ.
If you prefer a nice red extinguisher I think the Firemaster FM40 (which is still available and slightly bigger than the FM20BA) also fits our bracket.