The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75 2.5 auto ULEZ Emissions (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296700)

Dennisperkins 18th June 2019 10:51

Rover 75 2.5 auto ULEZ Emissions

are there any alterations that i can make to my 75 so that it will pass the ultra low emissions test. The ULEZ zone will extend in a year or so and then i will have to get rid of my beloved 75, ive had it 17 years and i really want to keep it

Dorset Bob 18th June 2019 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennisperkins (Post 2741482)
are there any alterations that i can make to my 75 so that it will pass the ultra low emissions test. The ULEZ zone will extend in a year or so and then i will have to get rid of my beloved 75, ive had it 17 years and i really want to keep it

Are you sure that your 2.5 V6 falls into the chargeable ULEZ zone in London?
Mine doesn't.
Worth checking yours by keying in the reg no. on their website.

:smilie_re:https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/che...-vehicle-35896

Dennisperkins 18th June 2019 11:48

Hi Bob
yes i've checked, the new ulez in 2020 is Euro 4 and mine is as far as i can see Euro 3

steve-45 18th June 2019 14:37

What is the current ULEZ euro number?

I was surprised that my 12 year old Diahatsu Sirion runabout is exempt.

The Rovering Member 19th June 2019 03:13

There was a thread on here a few weeks back which pointed out that the system doesn't check your actual Euro classification but the NoX emission figures for your vehicle. It seems that all the petrol 75's bar the very early ones fall within the no-charge category, even the V8's (built to comply with California smog reg's).
My '02 1.8 had been showing as chargeable on the ULEZ checker but after reading the thread l looked again & it now show's as non-chargeable. There were problems with inaccuracies but l assume these are being sorted.

first-things-first 19th June 2019 06:45

Well blow me down with a sledgehammer. My 2005 ZT diesel auto shows as exempt from the ULEZ charge. It wasn't before. I thought diesels had to be Euro 6 compliant?

SD1too 19th June 2019 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennisperkins (Post 2741494)
Hi Bob
yes i've checked, the new ulez in 2020 is Euro 4 and mine is as far as i can see Euro 3

Did you enter your registration number into the TfL checker Dennis? As people have said, it's unsafe to make assumptions based upon the Euro classifications.

Oh, and to answer your original question, no, you cannot make any alterations to ensure compliance. The decision is made upon the manufacturer's original declarations.

Also, you have more time with your 75 than you think. The ULEZ is being extended on 25th October 2021, not 2020 as you thought.

Simon

wullie480 19th June 2019 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by first-things-first (Post 2741695)
Well blow me down with a sledgehammer. My 2005 ZT diesel auto shows as exempt from the ULEZ charge. It wasn't before. I thought diesels had to be Euro 6 compliant?

I've just checked my 53 plate cdti zt and it's chargeable for ULEZ so is my Insignias.

Won't matter as the zt is scrapped and I wouldn't ever drive to London anyway however I wonder how long before other cities will follow on.

They must make a few quid out of this and wonder if the air quality has improved any since implementing the charges. :shrug:

guru 19th June 2019 08:30

Not that I ever drive to London but I thought I'd check and my mk1 Rover Sterling doesn't comply! Surprisingly though my 3.5 V6 powered fuel guzzling Mercedes SLK DOES comply!!!! Go figure :shrug:

Dennisperkins 19th June 2019 10:21

Hi Simon , i just checked again on the TFl website and although i'm ok on the LEZ i will have to pay on the ULEZ but thanks for the advice on the start date, i dont want to get rid of my car so i might just put it on the drive for the next 20 years and wait till it becomes exempt by age by i will probably be exempt by age by then, ha ha