The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Removing synergy 2 box (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=269502)

Kennarf 25th June 2017 10:44

Removing synergy 2 box

Hello!

I've just got a r75 CDT connoisseur, and am working through the standard niggles - bonnet cable, handbrake etc with the help of the info here.

The car came with the synergy 2 box fitted. Unfortunately my current insurer is asking silly money to include this mod, so in the short term I'd like to remove it before I get round to getting a new insurer.

I've followed the excellent installation tutorial in reverse, but am a bit stumped by the two connectors by the MAF near the oil cap. Were these previously connected to each other? Would the wiring have been removed in the initial install, and do I need to buy the missing wiring?

Thanks,

Kenny

BigJohn 25th June 2017 10:55

The Synergy 2 is a simple plug in device with no removal of orginal wiring so the two connectors you mention can now be re-connected. Personally I would ditch the Synergy and look at a 160 remap from the likes of Phil T4, Marinabrian and Big Russ on here

HarryM1BYT 25th June 2017 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennarf (Post 2510334)
Hello!

I've followed the excellent installation tutorial in reverse, but am a bit stumped by the two connectors by the MAF near the oil cap. Were these previously connected to each other? Would the wiring have been removed in the initial install, and do I need to buy the missing wiring?

Thanks,

Kenny

Yes, just unplug that loom cable from the Synergy, and the Synergy from the MAF, then plug the loom plug directly to the MAF. Note/ mark the plugs before you begin, because the plugs fit in both orientations.

The Synergy just fits in series with the MAF, to enable it to distort the values fed to the engine ECU.

Kennarf 25th June 2017 15:16

Thanks for your replies, all really helpful and much appreciated. I'll make sure I mark the plugs up when I get onto this later.

Will give the remap some thought, sounds a more sensible option long term.

Rogue 25th June 2017 15:19

I can certainy recommend the remap.... It transforms the car

macafee2 25th June 2017 16:52

if your insurance company wont cover a synergy I doubt they would cover a re-map.
some may suggest not telling them, i'm not one of them. If you mod your car tell the insurance company, if you are not willing to pay the premium, don't mod the car :)

Adrian flux have covered my re-map and other mods

macafee2

beededea 25th June 2017 18:41

Can I have the Synergy please? :}

grivas 25th June 2017 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn (Post 2510338)
The Synergy 2 is a simple plug in device with no removal of orginal wiring so the two connectors you mention can now be re-connected. Personally I would ditch the Synergy and look at a 160 remap from the likes of Phil T4, Marinabrian and Big Russ on here

I would not be too hasty to 'ditch' as you put it the Synergy it is in point of fact an excellent tuning box, works very well and provides a reliable increase in both power and torque that is perfectly usable in real world driving, most importantly it is transferable.

Look for another insurer, and enjoy the car. However you must decide which way to go.

Kennyeth 26th June 2017 07:21

It is worth about £60 so don`t chuck it in the bin ;)
Ken.

Avulon 26th June 2017 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by beededea (Post 2510485)
Can I have the Synergy please? :}

beat me to it
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2510637)
It is worth about £60 so don`t chuck it in the bin ;)
Ken.

That much?? ;)