The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Photobucket turnaround (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=289405)

HarryM1BYT 23rd October 2018 07:02

Photobucket turnaround

Photobucket has now had a change of heart..

All those images which were posted there, for use on forums such as this, which promptly disappeared unless you paid their ransom - they have now decided to allow them, but the images will be watermarked.

That begins on Nov 1st.. So all of those missing images in the forum, providing they are still on PB's server, should reappear.

planenut 23rd October 2018 08:01

It has been a strange event, the whole thing. The fact that they appeared to have stopped everything without warning, then come up with the "ransom demands", but luckily due to a member on here giving me a work round I stuck with it. Oddly, for several months now, I have not used the "work round" but had 100% success in posting.

Vossy 23rd October 2018 09:19

So many of us stopped using pb and there are so many free alternatives now. I would not go back but I wonder how many images they did delete from their servers.
I wonder if the employee who decided this was a good idea at pb still has their job with them?

Teflon 23rd October 2018 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2680209)
.......I wonder if the employee who decided this was a good idea at pb still has their job with them?

Looking at their Facebook page, it seems they have a new CEO who states that "Photobucket is under new management.", so I'm guessing a few folk have probably gone. Sadly, all a little late now, as their reputation is in tatters.

Cliff

Vossy 23rd October 2018 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2680219)
Looking at their Facebook page, it seems they have a new CEO who states that "Photobucket is under new management.", so I'm guessing a few folk have probably gone. Sadly, all a little late now, as their reputation is in tatters.

Cliff

I'm not a facebook user, I miss out on so much according to my son .... errr I don't think so :D

HarryM1BYT 23rd October 2018 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2680209)
So many of us stopped using pb and there are so many free alternatives now. I would not go back but I wonder how many images they did delete from their servers.
I wonder if the employee who decided this was a good idea at pb still has their job with them?

I might be wrong, but I never heard of PB deleting any images, only preventing the images from appearing on third party sites such as this.

I was suggesting that many users will have deleted their own files from PB's server.

COLVERT 29th October 2018 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2680180)

All those images which were posted there, for use on forums such as this, which promptly disappeared unless you paid their ransom - they have now decided to allow them, but the images will be watermarked.

That begins on Nov 1st.. So all of those missing images in the forum, providing they are still on PB's server, should reappear.

Hi there Harry.---Just curious but could you tell us where you got that info about Photobucket. ??

I tried but couldn't find anything definite on line.

It wasn't just a Facebook rumour was it ???

Roverlike 29th October 2018 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2682186)
Hi there Harry.---Just curious but could you tell us where you got that info about Photobucket. ??

I tried but couldn't find anything definite on line.

It wasn't just a Facebook rumour was it ???

I received few mails from Photobucket telling me same thing Harry mentioned.

Canonite 30th October 2018 15:01

I still find it odd to understand why people bother with PB when Flickr gives you 1TB (yes, a terabyte) of image space for free, and each upload is automatically resized into 5 or 6 different resolutions for you.

COLVERT 3rd November 2018 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2680180)

Have we got our pics back Harry ??