The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Who is keeping their Classic, a Classic? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=184764)

rich17865 25th May 2014 08:36

Who is keeping their Classic, a Classic?

In the world of upgrades, project drive parts refitted and so on, the classic is going to be a dying model.

So, which true enthusiasts are keeping their Classic just as it left the factory? Steel wheels, cloth seats, no air con and so on.

Those ones are going to be worth the money and be desirable in the future, not the ones with non factory bits retrofitted, or other bits added that never came from Rover at all.

I am keen to keep my car as it 'could' have left the factory, so it doesn't have much in the way of upgrades outside of its trim level or available options. But it does have them never the less.

How pure is yours?

ricardo65 25th May 2014 08:45

im keeping the 75 as it was when it left the factory as its a bit of a hybrid anyway as it has mark 1 and mark 2 bits on :} the zt on the other hand is a toy so anything goes :D

MrDoodles 25th May 2014 08:46

Christopher.......;)

carguy143 25th May 2014 08:52

You raise a good point Rich. Mine hasn't got much going for it to the eyes of non enthusiasts. It's a V6 with 168000 miles on the clock moving at the speed of light to needing it's belts doing again! I reckon in the eyes of others, the only thing they'd see going for it is the colour. You'd think people would be mad for taking on such a challenge so mine is most likely staying with me til it dies.

As for mods, it has projector lights (originally came with reflectors), stainless Adams and Webb back box, mg 7 tail lights and heated memory seats from a facelift model. Not forgetting the LPG conversion of course.

Rik.

jmh2929 25th May 2014 09:00

I bought mine in January with 97000 on the clock, 1 owner. When he bought he had leather seats and cruise control fitted and that’s how it is now. As it left the factory. Everything works and I don’t envisage any upgrades. Love it as it is. :}

FrazzleTC 25th May 2014 09:32

Only modifications on my 75 are the LPG conversion, and changing to one of the genuine accessory gear knobs, because the top came off the original.
I like to see a really genuine, unmolested 75. They're rather charming!

Le Mans 190 25th May 2014 09:37

I have been looking for a particular R75 for a while now to keep totally standard as a show car :getmecoat:

Howie666 25th May 2014 09:45

As we don't envisage selling our car, her future value or otherwise has never been an issue. The modifications we have carried out (and have yet to carry out) are along the lines of options that were available on the cars when new. The auto dipping mirror, rear sun blind, electric leather seats, powerfolds etc. were all available when our car was new. Essentially we're turning a plus into an SE.
All to make owning the car more enjoyable and in the case of the exhaust, much longer lasting.

sworks 25th May 2014 09:46

I normally prefer standard trim once cars get older. Only retro fitted cruise controll and had to cut my black Oak trim panel and steering wheel lower panel but both look factory. Only other thing I want to add is mph in the IPK so 2 mods I think I will get away with :) when I last rebuilt my Mini Cooper I went back to totally standard and original but it doesn't look as nice as it did with mk1 bumpers corner bars and over riders and colour coded arches etc so I'm thinking of turning it back......... Can be difficult finding a fine line. I suppose it's the modifications that can't be reverted that are the ones to think about

Yella Fella 25th May 2014 10:23

Keeping our cars a true classic can be really difficult. Removing cloth seats and fitting leather or retro fitting parts is so tempting especially when you see other members cars who have done nice mods. Staying away from the for sale section and ebay is difficult and its something I fail to do.

As they say, the only thing you cant resist is temptation!