The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tarquin Difficult To Start When Warm (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297468)

Bogbrush82 15th July 2019 12:53

Tarquin Difficult To Start When Warm

When cold it starts almost instantly, but when warm it's very reluctant. I'm thinking either cam sensor or one of the fuel pumps.

Am I in the right area, or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks

David. :cool:

marinabrian 15th July 2019 12:57

That is most likely to be injector leakback, if the car starts eventually when being cranked when warm.

If it will not start at all, then CMP into the freezer to see if it's that

Brian :D

Bogbrush82 15th July 2019 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2747870)
That is most likely to be injector leakback, if the car starts eventually when being cranked when warm.

If it will not start at all, then CMP into the freezer to see if it's that

It does start eventually, It's just not happy about it.

I'll chuck some Forte into the fuel filter to see if that works.

marinabrian 15th July 2019 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2747873)
It does start eventually, It's just not happy about it.

I'll chuck some Forte into the fuel filter to see if that works.

It won't, do a leakback test, see which one(s) is(are) knackered, then get a decent second hand one from Mickyboy ;)

coab 16th July 2019 06:20

Or crank sensor. Very common when car wont start when warm but starts fine when cold.:}
Give it a diagnostic check as it should be in the error codes stored under pending.:smilie_re:

Arctic 16th July 2019 11:12

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2748026)
Or crank sensor. Very common when car wont start when warm but starts fine when cold.:}
Give it a diagnostic check as it should be in the error codes stored under pending.:smilie_re:[/QUOT

E]

Sean sadly David's car will not talk to the T4 his wiring as been eaten away with black/green corrosion as far back as can possibly be investigated with out removing the whole dash :eek:

We did make him up a new T4 connection with quite a good length of wire hoping we could splice it in for him at the Nano, but found the wiring eaten away badly to far up the loom.

David as a leak back test kit which he can use I am sure he will post back his finding to us asap ;)

Bogbrush82 16th July 2019 11:18

As above. I'll try and get the test done before the NANO if I can.

coab 16th July 2019 11:27

Ok if the ecu reading is goosed does the rev counter move when you try to start it?;)

Bogbrush82 16th July 2019 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2748081)
Ok if the ecu reading is goosed does the rev counter move when you try to start it?;)

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Mike Noc 16th July 2019 15:59

Check it closely and you should find it is - it will only move a little when the engine is cranking over.

As aready mentioned, difficulty in starting then running fine is usually down to either a failing cam sensor or fuel pressure problem - commonly excessive injector leakback.